Real Project #4- Corner House in Tennessee

Show off your final renders
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
davidbaird

Real Project #4- Corner House in Tennessee

Post by davidbaird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 am

Project Description: This is a corner house location in historic East Nashville where design restrictions apply. The design is pretty typical for Nashville-traditional on the outside & eclectic on the inside.

Renderings: Model built in Revit then exported to Sketchup w/ 2D landscape.
Instanced grass...... finally......wish we had done this on projects 1, 2 ,3.
Also rendered scene 2-4 times larger (except interiors) than other projects; therefore, more detail

Post Processing: Saved at least 5 different EV's then processed as HDRI in Photomatix Pro & then again in Photoshop.
Attachments
option-1-scene-12-FINAL.jpg
option-1-scene-21-FIANL.jpg
context-axon-FIANL.jpg
arial-1-FIANL.jpg
arial-2-FINAL.jpg
scene-6-FINAL.jpg
scene-5-FINAL.jpg
backyard-5-FINAL.jpg
back-yard-2-FINAL.jpg

hemantchhabra

Re: Real Project #4- Corner House in Tennessee

Post by hemantchhabra » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Great Realism
Last edited by hemantchhabra on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hemantchhabra

Post by hemantchhabra » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:34 pm

I really liked the views. Quite realistic , all of'em. But the one which has car on the left , a view from the neighbour's property , that is probably not really well done , if it were not yellow shrubs on car's right. btw I am an aspiring Architect myself. I have a number of Queries for you to either refer or answer:
1. How much time did it take you ( /team) to model this with the landscaping on revit and then on sketchup individually ?
2. Why didn't you chose revit indigo for rendering ?
3. How did you managed to remove that dust (/noise) from the renders all together ? I mean I hardly can notice it.

I am trying to learn this software Indigo. Any suggestion to speed up my learning are invited.

Thanks and congratulations on wonderful results outta sketchup
Cheers
H

Attachments: I am attaching here my latest work on sketchup and indigo.
Attachments
12.jpg
11.jpg
4.jpg

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm

hemantchhabra wrote:Attachments: I am attaching here my latest work on sketchup and indigo.

Don't hijack threads. It's rude. You can easily create a new thread to show your own work. Stay on topic.

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 am

StompinTom wrote:
hemantchhabra wrote:Attachments: I am attaching here my latest work on sketchup and indigo.

Don't hijack threads. It's rude. You can easily create a new thread to show your own work. Stay on topic.

Exactly - compounded by the fact that Hemantchhabra already has a thread going with that work in.

Anyway, Davidbaird - they look pretty good, I like the view set up and the amount of stuff in each image. The only thing that jumps out at me is some of the obvious repetition of textures and models. For example some of the planting is a little too regimented for my taste/realism and your road texture is tiling badly in some images. You could also try environment maps and skies to help tart the lighting up a little.

Other than that though, looking pretty good.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:44 am

StompinTom wrote:
Precisely, it is rude to post your images into someone else's showcase without being invited to do so. You should have posted the link to your work in progress topic instead, at the most.

David, is this level of saturation something you desired or did it came out of the textures ? In one hand it is homogeneous throughout your renders, but it often detracts from realism imho.
obsolete asset

hemantchhabra

Post by hemantchhabra » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Alright ! Alright ! I am new to sharing on forums ! Don't know the etiquette yet ! Apologies

hemantchhabra

Post by hemantchhabra » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Besides the queries are all For the Author ? I probably can expect answers to them ?
"Queries for you to either refer or answer:
1. How much time did it take you ( /team) to model this with the landscaping on revit and then on sketchup individually ?
3. How did you managed to remove that dust (/noise) from the renders all together ? I mean I hardly can notice it."

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 pm

hemantchhabra wrote:3. How did you managed to remove that dust (/noise) from the renders all together ? I mean I hardly can notice it."
This may answer that question :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

davidbaird

Post by davidbaird » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:46 am

hemantchhabra wrote:Besides the queries are all For the Author ? I probably can expect answers to them ?
"Queries for you to either refer or answer:
3. How did you managed to remove that dust (/noise) from the renders all together ? I mean I hardly can notice it."
1. Only the main house & garage was modeled in Revit. Everything else was modeled in SU. All vegetation is 2D face me components as you can too easilybsee from the arial views! All material texturing was done in SU. The grass was our first attempt at instancing components using the "Jeff" method (search forum). Can't remember how much time, but a lot.
2. The Revit plug-in seemed to be on a slow path to development & we just went full blast with the software we had. The plug- in cost the same as another license. Hopefully it will it gain more interest since more firms are using Revit.
3. Render a long time. The scenes are about 1980x1200 size. And use sun & sky. Some rendered faster than others but generally the times were between 15-36 hours. In comparison, the very noisy dusk outdoor porch scene of the Porch House, which was only about 980x600 size took 16 hours & is barely acceptable. That's because it was trying to render about 12 interior lights & 20 exterior lights plus an Env Mfap for the sky even though the rendered scene is 4 times smaller.

Thank you

10 posts • Page 1 of 1