Real Project #2- Rural Porch House in Tennessee

Show off your final renders
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
davidbaird

Real Project #2- Rural Porch House in Tennessee

Post by davidbaird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 am

Project Description: This is porch house located on a small horse farm in rural Tennessee

Renderings: Model built in Revit then exported to Sketchup w/ 2D landscape. Used env map. Interior-9 light layers. Exterior- over saturated illustration effect..Again could use better textures or learn how to instance grass, trees, etc...it's at a big learning curve for us.

Post Processing: Saved at least 5 different EV's then processed as HDRI in Photomatix Pro & then again in Photoshop.
Attachments
exterior-1-FINAL.jpg
exterior-2-FINAL.jpg
porch-1-FINAL.jpg
exterior-porch-1-FINAL.jpg
living-room-1-FINAL.jpg
kitchen-8-Night-Final.jpg
screened-porch-1FINal.jpg
sunroom-1FINAL.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Real Project #2- Rural Porch House in Tennessee

Post by Pibuz » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:44 am

Congratulations! I find the indoor shots warm and cozy: very well done!!!
..the outdoor shots are a little poor instead, maybe it's just something you have to learn (btw, I have to learn it myself :wink: ). In the EXTERIOR1 the photoshopped trees do not match with the general ambience and so they look kinda patched over the image. In EXTERIOR2 the grass patch is waaaaaaay too repetitive: in these cases more than 3d grass it's good to have a very nice grass texture as a base and then refine it in photoshop.
Last edited by Pibuz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 am

Lovely interiors, though I`d axe the vignetting. Lately I`m not such a big fan of vignetting anymore...

davidbaird

Post by davidbaird » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:44 am

Pibuz, Stompin Tom,
Thanks for the comments.
We have a long ways to go with learning with all aspects!

hemantchhabra

Post by hemantchhabra » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey how do you guys do this level of photoshop ? You already have some photoshop scenes ready or what ? And you just put your render in the photoshop scene and then edit a bit here and there ?
If not then how do you make the whole scene besides the render ?

davidbaird

Post by davidbaird » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 am

hemantchhabra wrote:Hey how do you guys do this level of photoshop ? You already have some photoshop scenes ready or what ? And you just put your render in the photoshop scene and then edit a bit here and there ?
If not then how do you make the whole scene besides the render ?
Thanks for the question. That's a very.funny question for me because there is very little PS used. I save several Indigo exposures at 1/2 stops (.5 ev) then imported the whole range into a HDR (tone mapping) photographic program called Photomatix which blends the exposures together & allows you to adjust different aspects of the image. The original intent was to just gain good exposure from under & over exposed images like real photos. However, some of the adjustments allow you to do some pretty strange, & initially interesting (but now not) over saturated images. The experiment was to achieve an over saturated illustration like effect like cheap Christmas cards. If I actually knew how to use PS it may have come off more interesting!

Everything in these images is in the model. All vegetation is 2D face me components in the model.
The only thing done in PS was smart sharpen at .5 & the over used vignetting with a curves layer.

Thank you

dag

Post by dag » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 am

FYI you can save image as EXR in indigo and tonemap that, instead of saving multiple images at different stops.

davidbaird

Post by davidbaird » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 am

Thanks for the info. I will have have to give it try.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1