Indigo Renderer 3.0 and Indigo RT

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
Ludwolf76

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.0 and Indigo RT

Post by Ludwolf76 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Thank's a lot...and....great job Glare Tech !!!
fused wrote:
Ludwolf76 wrote:Hi...when I go to the buy now page...I can only see a new licence option and a new render node licence... where can I upgrade from indigo 2 to indigo 3? Thank's...
Hi,

there is an "Upgrade" button on your license page on the store.

Regards

Ludwolf76

Post by Ludwolf76 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:02 pm

I did it...thank's!!!
fused wrote:
Ludwolf76 wrote:Hi...when I go to the buy now page...I can only see a new licence option and a new render node licence... where can I upgrade from indigo 2 to indigo 3? Thank's...
Hi,

there is an "Upgrade" button on your license page on the store.

Regards

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Post by SaphireS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 am

Great news, can't wait to try! :D

Now go for some marketing and update the news on the homepage, send newsletters and post in every big 3D-forum on the net! ;)

snorky
Indigo 100

Post by snorky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:07 am

SaphireS wrote:Great news, can't wait to try! :D

Now go for some marketing and update the news on the homepage, send newsletters and post in every big 3D-forum on the net! ;)
Treddi.com

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 am

SaphireS wrote:Great news, can't wait to try! :D

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... 0-Released!

http://www.ronenbekerman.com/forums/lig ... #post11069

People like the Indigo RT version :) Great idea to have that kind of variant (somewhere between a demo and the full-price version).

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 am

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=59

http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/for ... .php?f=389

http://forums.3dtotal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

I'd post it myself, but the image that people are directed to is my own - and I don't want to make it seem like any kind of self-promotion.

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Wish SSS was part of RT

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

pixym wrote:Hi all,
King Cong for this release ;-)
Is there a way to change the sun lighting or at less its direction inside indigo 3?
As a lightwave user, I do not have the chance to test indigo with my fav. software. Is there a chance for a plug-in that will allow lightwave users to work fully with indigo 3?

Best.
Hey pixym,

indigo supports not only sun & sky to illuminate your scene, but also all kinds of mesh emitters, and environment maps, and you are able to illuminate your scene with a uniform background colour.
For sun & sky, of course the position of the sun is adjustable, but you usually do that in your modelling app, not within indigo itself (it is technically possible by altering the indigo scene .xml-file, but not really advisable). Sadly, to my knowledge, there is no lightwave exporter in development, at least not officially. Glare?

Best Regards!

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Post by SaphireS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Polinalkrimizei wrote:
pixym wrote:...
Hey pixym,

indigo supports not only sun & sky to illuminate your scene, but also all kinds of mesh emitters, and environment maps, and you are able to illuminate your scene with a uniform background colour.
For sun & sky, of course the position of the sun is adjustable, but you usually do that in your modelling app, not within indigo itself (it is technically possible by altering the indigo scene .xml-file, but not really advisable). Sadly, to my knowledge, there is no lightwave exporter in development, at least not officially. Glare?

Best Regards!
I think what he meant was changing the sun-direction and settings in realtime, like the choose-focus tool?

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:27 pm

SaphireS wrote: I think what he meant was changing the sun-direction and settings in realtime, like the choose-focus tool?
...which I think is a really good idea, actually.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 pm

FakeShamus wrote:
SaphireS wrote: I think what he meant was changing the sun-direction and settings in realtime, like the choose-focus tool?
...which I think is a really good idea, actually.
We will add this and many other features, that unfortunately didn't make it into the initial release, in the following 3.x releases. We will also add material painting, a material database integration and we will improve the UI (material editing, scene graph, etc.), among other things.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 am

Despite upgrading to the newest CUDA drivers (275.xx) GPU support only seems to be offering OpenCL on my current machine here at work:

Win XP 64 bit professional.
Intel Xeon 5160 (3GHz) 20Gig RAM
Quadro FX 4600

Test scenes only return black image in OpenCL GPU support. Non GPU support works though!

Will have a new core i7 machine (Dell precision workstation) with a newer Quadro GPU (for CAD work) within the next 2 weeks.

joeyslucky22

Post by joeyslucky22 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 am

I'm fairly new to the rendering game but I just purchased an indigo licence, will I need to purchase indigo RT as well or are most of those features already included in indigo?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've rendered my scene in "Path Tracing" mode and can't seem to activate the GPU acceleration (greyed out) with my Quadro FX 1800? Does the 1800 not support GPU acceleration?

I've also experienced some "black scenes", not sure how, but found after panning the camera within indigo, the scene would appear.

Thanks for the help!

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 am

Joey,

I think our hardware is a little outdated. In this thread:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 1.1#p97312 lycium explains that Indigo requires CUDA compute model 1.1 while CUDA-Z reports CUDA Compute Capability 1.0 for my Quadro FX 4600 card.

joeyslucky22

Post by joeyslucky22 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 am

Very interesting, thanks for pointing that out Headroom!

I had bought the FX 1800 last year for a pretty penny and was disappointed with its performance but, 'vivo et disco'. I was thinking of upgrading to a FX 3800. I mostly use SketchUp at the moment so I know I won't see that drastic of a performance increase there but I also use Blender, Maya, and CS5. I'm hoping to see improvements in those!

Looking through this compatibility list (which is somewhat confusing): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA Would it be wiser to buy a GTX 580 instead for indigo?

123 posts