Alpha renderer

Come here for help & support.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Reinuvader

Alpha renderer

Post by Reinuvader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:59 am

Is there any other way to get good Alpha instead of using Alpha renderer. Current Alpha renderer suck. It computes shadows, and after 1 hour rendering I still don't get acceptable image. Non alpha rendering was acceptable after 6 hours.

I got an idea to replace every material with black diffuse material, and turn background to white and render this image, and finally invert result in Photoshop. This way Indigo rendered acceptable image in 20 minutes. But replacing all materials took 40minutes.

Problem starts, when I decide to change something in scene. It means I have to do this over again and this pisses me off.
Attachments
Alpha renderer.jpg
Black diffuse.jpg
Alpha in Photoshop.jpg

CTZn

Re: Alpha renderer

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Reinuvader, there may be a clay mode that you can activate along with the alpha rendering. Ideally you would be able to specify the material used as clay.
obsolete asset

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 am

Alpha rendering is still borked at the moment, I believe. It used to work and be quite fast but I think it's on their to-do list.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 am

We are looking into this issue.

For now, using only diffuse/oren nayar(clay mode) in alpha rendering is the only workaround.

Regards.

Reinuvader

Post by Reinuvader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 am

OK, lets hope improvement soon.

Reinuvader

Post by Reinuvader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 am

CTZn wrote:Hi Reinuvader, there may be a clay mode that you can activate along with the alpha rendering. Ideally you would be able to specify the material used as clay.
I am using Sketchup, and didn't find Clay mode in Skindigo. Is it somewhere hidden? I know in Blender there is switch to turn Clay renderer On/Off. Even better would be if one could replace all materials with custom material.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm not a SketchUp user Reinuvadier, hence my use of conditional. If I refer to this post from an earlier SkIndigo version, the mode you are looking for might be called 'monochrome'.

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 469#p78469
obsolete asset

buzzkill

Post by buzzkill » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 am

I too would love to be able to mute the background and only get the image itself. Everything that I need to render is just single objects...not whole scenes. What I am having to do right now is render my image, save it, then open it up in photoshop and use fuzzy select and delete the background to alpha. This works ok in some instances. Where it doesn't work well is where I have an area on the object that is glossy, has reflections, or is gray/light gray in color on the edges...you see where I am going with this...the fuzzy select selects those gray parts on my model. If that happens, then I need to go in and lasso the whole thing. Very annoying. I saw the alpha render and got excited...but it didn't really do what I thought it was going to do, haha. Is there any way to ONLY render the object and NONE of the background? That would be amazing.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 am

I use the Object ID render pass of C4D quite successful to get mask for BG or special objects for post processing.
Take care to render with fastbox splatting filter so the result matches with the mask without the 1/2 pixel shift of gaussian & MN...
polygonmanufaktur.de

9 posts • Page 1 of 1