Missing or clipping polys during export

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
mcm

Missing or clipping polys during export

Post by mcm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:38 pm

I was well on my way to submitting an entry in this month's competition with the extended deadline. But I just hit a huge stumbling block the other night and I can't figure out what I did wrong.

For some reason, almost all of the textures and most of the objects outside of a small space have disappeared. I've tried fiddling with Blender's camera clipping, Blendigo camera settings, moving and deleting cameras, erasing objects (to free up memory), and changing light, enviroment, and render settings. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong or what I accidentally did.

I've tried searching for other situations on the forums, but I only came across an identical situation with Sketchup and the remedy did not sound like something that would work for me. It's like I accidentally changed a setting without realizing it. Anyone with more experience have any ideas?

Using Indigo 2.6.1 w/Blendigo 2.2 and Blender 2.49b
CargoContainer5.jpg
Where did it all go?

fbrunell

Re: Missing or clipping polys during export

Post by fbrunell » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Not sure but it looks like a blender camera start/end clipping??? But that is in a blender render? Don't think that would happen in Indigo???

mcm

Post by mcm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah, that render is from Indigo. Moving Blender's camera clipping was one of the first things I tried.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 am

Indigo has two methods to build geometries in memory, the setting might be in the advanced options of blendigo if present. It is a threshold in poly count; if an object has less triangles than that it uses one method, more it will use the other.

One of the method may be faulty but you can force the other by setting an extreme threshold value. Try with zero and if it's not better try a very big number, like 10 000 000.

The mentionned tag name in the igs is <bih_tri_threshold>.
obsolete asset

mcm

Post by mcm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Thank you for the hint. I will check it out after I submit my competition entry.

I discovered that whatever I did, it was very, very recent. The backup .blend for that scene had no problems and I was able to continuing working off of that with no clipping issues.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1