How to add more light to the scene??

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
BWETIK

How to add more light to the scene??

Post by BWETIK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:25 pm

Helo, please advise me, how I can add more light to the scene, when is activated Map ? The render is still too much dark :(
Thanks. Bwetik.

kepler

Post by kepler » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 pm

Simply you need to add some meshlights. First of all, model the lights and move them in the scene where you want the light to be. Give the lights the same amount of "Emit" value since you will edit the gain later for each meshlight. Then export the scene and edit the .xml file manually: the problem is to balance the exr map light and the meshlight "gain". I suggest you tu use the Linear tonemapping, so in this way you have total control on the scene exposure. When tweaking, you should ask you what part in the scene is predominant: the map or the lights? Depending on the answer you should start editing the gain of one or the other in the xml file until the exposure is satisfactory to you; then edit the other stuff gain to match the desired result.

I'm here if you need some other explanations :D

P.S. I've recently rendered an image (not really the best image here :wink: ) with exr map and meshlights in the scene, look in Finished artwork section, the name is "Loft".

kepler

Re: How to add more light to the scene??

Post by kepler » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:38 pm

BWETIK wrote:Helo, please advise me, how I can add more light to the scene, when is activated Map ? The render is still too much dark :(
Thanks. Bwetik.
If you only need to "add some more light to the scene" (maybe I misunderstood you before), you can simply set Linear tonemapping in the exporter and play with the map gain and the Linear scale :wink:

BWETIK

Post by BWETIK » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Thanks, usefull is both :D

4 posts • Page 1 of 1