I would like to share with You a little plugin that I've been working on. It's a renderer plugin that exports scene to Indigo and renders using indigo_console.exe, as such it get all benefits of renderer structure: speed, output handling, statistics and material preview (which for now is kind of drawback).
At the moment it cannot present any real value since material handling is minimal. It will be expanded in feature versions.
You might wonder, why would anyone need such plugin, when there's a great Maxigo plugin. Well, I have two reasons: animation rendering and renderfarm usage. I found Maxigo to handle these issues quite poorly, yet it's a piece of great work (don't get me wrong).
As always, this application was written with no harm intended, but please take an extra care when using with any valuable data, please don't hold me responsible for any possible damage.
Note it was not tested on all systems and platforms, so please report any crashes. I'm also wondering, what do you think about this. Do you find it useful?
- export of UV coords in igmesh (multi-channel)
- export maps in png/exr format
- support for standard materials: diffuse, bump, displacement, self-illumination maps
- support for ortographic views (experimential)
- recognition of hidden faces, non-renderable objects
- new GUI tabs: Main, Camera, Tonemapping (note: some controls are not yet functional)
- native Indigo Material and Maps - brushing up GUI
- native Indigo Camera object
- support for V-ray materials, lights and cameras
- new GUI tab: Advanced settings
Installation: Download IndigoMax.zip; Read install.txt