Fuzzy Finish

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
tgrawe

Fuzzy Finish

Post by tgrawe » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 am

New to the forum. Love the program. Its one of the finishing links to my renderings. Is there a simple way to make the final rendering more "photo" like? Is it a simple setting to change, either in 3DS or Indigo? I am kind of learning as I go. So any help would be great. Attached is one that I have been playing around with your materials and myself making my own.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

T
Attachments
reception area.JPG
reception area.JPG (66.04 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

Soup

Re: Fuzzy Finish

Post by Soup » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am

Looks like you might not have added any Indigo materials to your scene, go through each texture and give it more material qualities. Shininess, bumps etc..

Check the manual to see what they all do: Indigo Manual

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Try to populate your scene with more detailed objects, and try to add some richness to the light which brightens it: some colour variations, some intesity differencies.. Choose a more realistic point of view too, and try to reproduce the feeling you have in some archviz reviews as a reference.
Most important thing: don't hurry, take your time and your images will get better and better.

tgrawe

Post by tgrawe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 am

Thanks for the responses. I have to work on the finishes. I used some of the Indigo finishes and I also tried to create some of my own (those need some work...). I'll also try to play around with the viewpoint. One more thing, is there a prefered "pixels per inch" target that I should be rendering to? Some one else also advised me to "let it cook" a bit more. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks again :D

4 posts • Page 1 of 1