IndigoMax problems

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

IndigoMax problems

Post by tar_gniK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Long time user, haven't posted for a while, but have to now.

Updated IndigoMax and as 2013/2014 support for 3dsMax has been deprecated, I had to update my version of Max to the next usable one (for me anyway) 2017/2018.

On both Max 2017 and 2018, IndigoMax 4.4.14 is close to unusable.

In the material editor, it takes forever to update the materials previews. It's like it gets stuck in a loop and keeps on rendering and re-rendering - on one occasion, it gave up and totally crashed Max. The renderQueue in the bottom left goes up in number, then down then up again for no apparent reason. It also locks up the computer.

When I try to render scenes that were totally okay in Max 2014/latest version of Indigo, both in Max 2017 and Max 2018, I can render one scene - quit the renderer and go back to viewport. But then if I try to start another render, Max crashes totally.

When exporting, Indigo gives also an error saying that map paths can't be found, despite the paths and the textures being present.

The "second" render crash, the Material Editor problem and the path errors are non-existent in Max 2014, so I have had to go back to that for now, and using a registry editor, modified the exe path that IndigoMax exports to so that I can use the latest version of Indigo Renderer.

(That's another thing that we need to have in IndigoMax - an option to change the exe path, especially if, as I have, multiple versions of Indigo installed).

Can I please get some assistance or I can send a Max file to aid in troubleshooting what's going on.

Thanks.

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Re: IndigoMax problems

Post by tar_gniK » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 am

Bump??

Dustin Moore

Re: IndigoMax problems

Post by Dustin Moore » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Bump.....literally. Is bump mapping supported in Max because I cant get it to work at all for several versions now.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1