IndigoMax 0.3.7

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
subpixel
Developer

IndigoMax 0.3.7

Post by subpixel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:04 am

Hello all,

Here's another batch of fixes for IndigoMax. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Changes:
  • Fixed: Max crashes at render if any hair objects are in the scene
  • Fixed: Rendering gets stuck in a loop where it keeps restarting or doesn't update when you change a material nested behind another.
  • Done: Will the tonemapping settings update instantly instead of waiting for the update cycle? Update is triggered with update button
  • Fixed: some controls in Indigo VFB floater
  • Added: support for RGB (*.hdr) file
  • Done: Moved sky material settings from IM_Environment to added IM_SunSky map
  • Done: Use sun+sky background for default lighting for main render
  • Fixed: render mode isn't exported properly
  • Done: Prevent Max render progress dialog from displaying when exporting.
  • Updated to SDK 3.6.24
  • Added: new unified installer script prototype.
  • Fixed: GPU accel checkbox and combobox work as expected.
  • Added: samples/sec, spp, and elapsed time (where applicable) to render status.
  • Adjusted the ranges for generated aperture settings. Additional tooltips for render settings.
  • Done: Removed gaussian from downsize filter
  • Done: Removed 'Absolute paths' option in Export section.
  • Done: Removed box from splatting filter combobox.
  • Fixed: glass_accel and alpha channel controls not working after a GUI move
  • Fixed: halt time and halt samples per pixel.
  • Fixed: crash when you adding a map to the Absorption slot of the Specular/Glossy transparent material.
  • Fixed: Indigo Material maps rollout show properly again
  • Done: Made phong and glossy transparent have a much more accurate shininess for the viewport preview.
  • Fixed: displacement map exporting as bump.
  • Fixed: coating material always appearing black in viewport. (uses substrate material colour now)
  • Fixed: Diffuse Transmitter albedo colour has no effect
  • Fixed: Prevent IOR less than 1.0
  • Fixed: Export doesn't launch Indigo whether the "Launch Indigo" checkbox is ticked or not
Download:
IndigoMax 0.3.7
IndigoMax RT 0.3.7

Notes:
Versions: max2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 64bit.
This version renders material previews with short halt time, it gives relatively fast response, but results with low sampling for more complex materials. This issue will be addressed with separate preview window in future versions.

Hope for some comments, suggestions and descriptive bug reports. Please post them in this thread or send PM.

Cheers,
Jake

ENSLAVER

Re: IndigoMax 0.3.7

Post by ENSLAVER » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

That's an awesome update :D

I don't have much time to test until tomorrow but just some quick things:

[*] Sometimes hidden 3dsmax lights render.
> Create scene with standard max light.
> Render.
> Hide light.
> Render - light still renders.

Did you change how the frame buffer or materials handle the Gamma and LUT settings? All my older files have Gamma and LUT turned off, but to match the exported Indigo render I have to turn it back on. I can't remember what the default max setting is (on 2.2/off)?

Will the <max_num_subdivisions></max_num_subdivisions> setting be a in a material or modifier?

Suggestion: Can you make the diffuse colour of a material stay the same when you change the material type from diffuse to phong?

Suggestion: Will the Stop/Update buttons attached to frame buffer be used in Regular mode? If not can they be greyed out/made inactive or removed? I keep clicking stop to stop the render instead of cancel lol :D

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm glad you like it.
ENSLAVER wrote:Did you change how the frame buffer or materials handle the Gamma and LUT settings?
No, nothing changed in IndigoMax. There was a change in tonemapping code in Indigo 3.6.24 SDK though. Will look into it. Thanks
ENSLAVER wrote:Will the <max_num_subdivisions></max_num_subdivisions> setting be a in a material or modifier?
A modifier as it's a part of mesh definition. Should be available with next release.
ENSLAVER wrote:Will the Stop/Update buttons attached to frame buffer be used in Regular mode?
Right now it's not possible with current implementation. I have run tests with native C++ window and it's looking good, but it'll take some time still.

Thanks for testing.

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:04 pm

[*] No error message for objects without UVs which have texture maps applied - Render starts but stays black at 0 SPP

Same issue occurs if the texture map is not found (moved/deleted/etc).

Not sure if it's an Indigo issue or an IndigoMax issue, bitmaps with relative paths don't render (same error as above).

There's a small issue with missing maps where max will actually find them in a different directory and display them properly in the material editor but Indigo can't render them.

In a situation where a map is missing 3DSMax will search for the file like so (taken from someone else's description):

1. Disk location the texture was originally assigned from.
2. Folder the .max file being loaded resides in.
3. Every subdirectory under the one the max file resides in (recursive)
4. Folders in the user's External Files list, in order from top-to-bottom.

Even if Max finds the file and it displays in the material editor correctly, the Indigo materials will not render, nor with the actual frame render.

This is mostly an issue if a scene is archived (maxzip) or stored using Resource Collector and the texture files aren't saved under the same directory structure or saved using relative paths. It may also be an issue for people that have turned on the options of UNC and Relative paths in the Max Preferences.

The resource collector utility doesn't find the maps described by the Indigo Texture material node/s.

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 pm

ENSLAVER wrote:There's a small issue with missing maps where max will actually find them in a different directory and display them properly in the material editor but Indigo can't render them.
ENSLAVER wrote:The resource collector utility doesn't find the maps described by the Indigo Texture material node/s.
Thanks for reports. It will be solved with next release.

kdarius

Post by kdarius » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 am

Hey I just installed the newest version and it seems to have a bad error for me.

Open up 3ds max
wait till max fully opens
click on the drop down box at the top called render... to go to render settings the long way
and bam i get the error on the attached JPG.
hit ok on that error
bam error comes up again

does this three times before i even click on render settings.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 am

Hi kdarius,
This error *may* be caused by some old maxscript file lying around.
I would try uninstalling IndigoMax. (Uninstaller will be at e.g. "C:\ProgramData\Glare Technologies\IndigoMax\uninstall.exe")
Then,
make sure e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\IndigoMax directory is removed
Make sure "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\IndigoMax.dlr" is removed

Make sure C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\IndigoMax directory is removed

Make sure "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\IndigoMax.ms" is removed if it exists.

Make sure there is no IndigoMax.ms in <max root>\scripts\startup.

Then please try reinstalling IndigoMax.

Hope that helps!

kdarius

Post by kdarius » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:54 am

thank you deleting those files and reinstalling worked

8 posts • Page 1 of 1