why there are 2 exporter for 3dmax?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
radiosity

why there are 2 exporter for 3dmax?

Post by radiosity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Hello everyone, I want to buy a license indigorenderer, I used indigo until it was free.I realized the italian indigo manual v1.0 (free)I don't kwon if you remember.... then I followed the development with the demo. I don t understand 'because there are two different exporter ... which should be used? which will be adopted as ufficilal exporter??
thnk and sorry for my poor language!!

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Re: why there are 2 exporter for 3dmax?

Post by tar_gniK » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 am

Hi there Radiosity.

As far as I am aware, IndigoMax is the "official" 3dsMax exporter, or at the very least, the exporter Glare are offering with their installation file.

Maxigo was the exporter for Indigo, but reasons I don't know (and don't care to) -- was dropped in favour of IndigoMax.

Maxigo 3.07 is, I like to refer to as 'half-stable'. Maxigo 3.2 beta was recently released, but annoyingly, despite having integrated rendering for materials and scenes, quicker export times, the modifiers that came with 3.07 -- scatter, displacement and IES do not work.

3.2 is compatible with scenes created with 3.07 -- at the moment NK data from 3.07 is the only material that does not -- you must create a new MaxigoMtl with NK data.

Scatter and displacement is invaluable and integral to the work I do, so I am stuck on 3.07.

Using IndigoMax will mean that you will need to rebuild your scenes with the new materials, etc.

IndigoMax, Maxigo 3.2, Maxigo 3.07 -- take your pick. Quite baffling to be brutally honest.

radiosity

Re: why there are 2 exporter for 3dmax?

Post by radiosity » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:37 pm

thanks for the answer!!
radiosity

3 posts • Page 1 of 1