IndigoMax first tests

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
hcpiter
1st Place Winner

IndigoMax first tests

Post by hcpiter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:30 am

Hello !
I made a simple scene for test plugin IndigoMax. One test is from IndigoMax and anotherone from Maxigo
First of all we need system like old maxigo when indigo renderer is open and there render is in progress with all features because this is power of unbiased renderers like Maxwell or Fryrender, works in realtime all setups like camera and layers. All in view because you can setup scene very quickly. New system is more like vray, final renderer or mental ray and you cannot change something in scene when is render. I think will be good to make not completly new plugin like now, but improve Maxigo or make more similar becasue now is a lot to do I think but people need good plugin for max becasue in Indigo is big potential but now is no useful.

Under 2 renders and wire from scene
IndigoMax make bugs, in scene is 2 emitters btw we can use others light than emitters ? Like spot light or direct ? I tryed use spot but whitout results.
In maxigo is all OK no bugs like in IndigoMax
Render time 15min both.

Thanks !
Attachments
IndigoMax plugin.jpg
maxigo plugin.jpg
wire.jpg

CTZn

Re: IndigoMax first tests

Post by CTZn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 am

Generally speaking, IndigoMax is a project started from scratch not long ago.
This beta was released early in the development process to satisfy the curious but not because it is a stable tool yet.

However your testing and comments are crucial in this context, thanks !

I don't have informations on the "new Maxigo" status, haven't been personally in touch with suvakas recently. edit: the company is, most likely.
obsolete asset

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 am

Of course this plugin is new and in alpha version so I understand all things I`m happy to see new plugin but I`d like to show Subpixel what really need and how max users see Indigo in max. I think in newer version will be less bugs and more features but why squander the good work Suv`s he`s made such a good background what need just improve. I`m not programmer and I dont know what is in code maybe this is just one way to make good plugin start from begining not from maxigo butI can not imagine indigo renderer without realtime light layers and cam settings how is now in IndigoMax :)

dcm

Post by dcm » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 am

Indigo will have option for inside-of-max rendering and export function which will work like Maxigo worked.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 pm

As a Software Dev. working together early with the target user group is crucial for heading "the right way" regarding workflow, functionality and even developement speed trough "outsourced" betatesting and Bughunting.
Its really nice to see that IndigoMax goes that way :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello hcpiter,

I'm glad it's working (and not crashing :) ), Thanks for testing and pointing out a bug.
I admit I haven't touched scaling term in transform matrix, which might be the source of some bugs. I'll get to it. It would be most helpful, if you could isolate a source of the problem: is it scaling, some modifier or topology problem, and post a bug reproduction algorithm (eventually post a max scene). It would just speed up fixing it.

About workflow, as we have discussed it with dcm, there will be such option to export scene to igs. However, there will be also some other workflow options, which you might find useful such as: active shade, geometry caching or iterative rendering (which might be non-blocking). Also pretty much all functionality implemented in Indigo standalone is available with Indigo SDK, so adding render-time tonemapping or light layers to IndigoMax is a matter of user interface (though it will take some time). For now I consider exporting to igs as an easy solution, which for sure will be implemented ( in fact it's already implemented in debug builds ;) )

Again thanks for the input and hope bug will be solved shortly.
Regards,
Jake

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:20 am

Hello !

Thanks all for for detailed explanation, now it loos so interesting and I`m less worry about this plugin, plus I have new version and problem with models gone, so is good :)
Under new test no bugs(maybe just one near workstation), in next version I`ll try make more with this scene.

thanks !

[+]
New test with more colors and emmiters. In next tests maybe I`ll try textures-materials.
I see smooth bug om geometry (table legs)
Attachments
Colors IndigoMax.jpg
New test IndigoMax.jpg

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Today I made a few test with textures and found one thing, If in scene is no emitters texture looks bad with some "lines" but with emitters all is ok. Under a few renders.
btw. I wait for new update with works spot or direct light like sun and envirmoment :)

cheers!
Attachments
textures01.jpg
textures02.jpg
textures03.jpg

8 posts • Page 1 of 1