Announcing IndigoMax

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Announcing IndigoMax

Post by Zom-B » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:41 pm

That looks really nice! :)

Something that I would suggest to clean up the whole design here is to gray out or even remove options that are only available in special modes selected.

For example the cubic downsize filter has no Blur, Ring And Radius options.

By disabling unneeded options you have a easier to understand and control user interface for the (less experienced) artist.

If you like I could work through this screens and write down what options are related to each other etc. :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 am

Hey Zom-B,

Thanks for your offer, however it's already working this way with material. I've shown only custom mode, which allows blending all layers. These are all available modes:
  • Custom
  • Diffuse / Oren-Nayar / Transmitter
  • Phong
  • Specular / Glossy transparent
Other modes disables (grays out) unavailable parameters. It practically makes Blend material unnecessary, though it will implemented later on.

About Renderer UI, your're quite right I just haven't finished it, thought options are managed properly.
Anyway I'll be most grateful for any comments and pointers.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Mostly, the Image Update scheme is obsolete since Indigo 2.0, unless if we are talking about the client upload period here.

In my opinion the exposure time could use more decimals, during animation it's common to find a fractional value.

I was persuaded to make the advanced settings not too readily available in order to avoid innocent manipulations; they are really for advanced users.

Other than that it's nice and tidy without extra load ! I like that way to put absorbtion under a distance term.
obsolete asset

dcm

Post by dcm » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I;d like to ask you what means "multiplier" for glossy material. Its relate to glossiness value ? In old maxigo, we had glosiness value in thousands. Now i see, you are using 0,6 or 1,0. If i want to set glosiness 650 ?

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 am

There are a couple of workflows available to suit needs of most of the users. The glossiness parameter is in fact a mapped exponent function, I'll post details later. In a nutshell it maps exponent values more or less linearly to range 0.0 to 1.0 where latter is perfect gloss (high exponent). You can however uncheck glossiness value to switch to exponent value whenever you'd like, it's just a matter of input preference.

Multiplier, however is another story. It's used with custom material definition and it's a blend multiplier (mapable) for specific layer. This way you can quickly get a diffuse material with some specular layer or refractive layer.

Hope it makes some sense.

lycium

Post by lycium » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 am

Fantastic work Jakub! :)

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 pm

"An initial beta is planned in early december 2011."
:mrgreen:

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:04 am

Yes, I'm aware of being late and I would like to apologize again.
There's an alpha version being tested and it's working, however I believe most of the public users would be unhappy with the feature set offered.
So, if anyone is eager to test it and is willing to contribute, just PM me. Just keep in mind it's work in progress.

Cheers,

e3D

Post by e3D » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 am

Hi SubPixel

I would be very interested in testing the new plugin. For some reason I cannot PM you. Could you drop me one so I can then reply please?

Thanks very much.

Cheers

Neil

rawalanche

Post by rawalanche » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 am

Any chance of seeing trial version? I would like to test something before i buy it ;)

dcm

Post by dcm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 am

Cau Ludvik, trial bude coskoro, zatim to je len v "beta" i ked chalan to koduje celkom rychlo :)

vis4arch

Post by vis4arch » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi,

is there any further plans to develop similar plugins to other 3d software - especially interested in Blender :) , or Cinema 4d...

Thanks!

Tamas - vis4arch
all the best,
tamas

berg8 - werbeagentur

. design . web . marketing .

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 am

vis4arch wrote:Hi,

is there any further plans to develop similar plugins to other 3d software - especially interested in Blender :) , or Cinema 4d...

Thanks!

Tamas - vis4arch
Hi Tamas,

we have been working on such a plugin for C4D for quite some time now. It's currently in private beta and I hope to make a public release soon.

Regards,
Yves

vis4arch

Post by vis4arch » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 am

Hi Yves,

thx for the reply and info... and there are dev plans for blender integration too?
all the best,
tamas

berg8 - werbeagentur

. design . web . marketing .

rawalanche

Post by rawalanche » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:34 am

dcm wrote:Cau Ludvik, trial bude coskoro, zatim to je len v "beta" i ked chalan to koduje celkom rychlo :)
Diky za info ;)

37 posts