[REQ] Procedurals

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
dcm

[REQ] Procedurals

Post by dcm » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Suv. I`d like to ask you, if is possible to implement something like "automatic size detection" for textures edited in colorcorrection tool under 3ds max ?
Im very often using ColorCorrection for equalizing textures for material creation (hue, saturation, brightness and contrast for bump/glossiness maps etc.) Is much easier to edit textures directly in max like always switching from Photoshop and is hard to set universal size for exported procedurals. In scene with 50 textures, all of them have different sizes and under maxigo rollout is only one parameter for setting procedural`s size.

for example : i have bitmap in diffuse slot and i want to quickly make bump/glossiness map. Drag/drop to bump slot, clicking on colorcorrection, converting to monochrome,some adjustments on b/c, done. Texture size is 4000x4000 for example but edited one is exported in 512x512 by default. I simply set "export procedurals" to 4000x4000 but other textures in mcuh smaller sizes are exported to huge sizes then.

Same for Maxigo materials - we have option 2000x2000 but when using map in size 6000x6000 ?

EDIT : Blank JPG exported from noise modifier was caused buy big size of noise. Setting noise`s size to 0.01 is working
Last edited by dcm on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Re: [REQ (+ BUG ?) ] Procedurals

Post by suvakas » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey,
Well.. export procedurals feature was meant for exporting "classic" procedural maps. I didn't think that one could use it for bitmaps/color correction too. That's why there is no "auto resolution" cause procedurals don't have any resolution to begin with. I add it to my list. Maybe I'll make something for the next Maxigo.
dcm wrote: BUG?
By the way, maxigo isnt exporting procedurals from Noise modifier. It exports blank grey bitmap.
For some reason Max renders procedurals at very very large scale. See what happens if you make the noise size very small. Like 0.1 or 0.01 or smth like that.

Suv

dcm

Re: [REQ (+ BUG ?) ] Procedurals

Post by dcm » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Suv. Im not only one who is using color correction under 3ds max. Its normal thing in archviz - its more operative.

I feel that im only one who is using Maxigo every day so its normal that some requests are dropped. Maxigo is great and some more features can brings more control over rendering in future. :wink:

ENSLAVER

Re: [REQ] Procedurals

Post by ENSLAVER » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

I also tend to use colour correct on a lot of things, makes good use of a few textures ;p

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: [REQ] Procedurals

Post by Zom-B » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

A ISL way of doing this should be THE way to go,
by having something like a ColorCorrection ISL shader with custom "GUI"!
- You save time baking textures
- save RAM since you keep 1 original texture used.

A OpenGL viewport preview would be needed...
polygonmanufaktur.de

5 posts • Page 1 of 1