UV / Texture issue - help - its probably something simple

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Profoxcg

UV / Texture issue - help - its probably something simple

Post by Profoxcg » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I downloaded a materail from the library here just learn a little more and study them and apply them and such. However, I notice that If I apply them to my floor a "box" object, they seem to not render correctly. What I see in the 3dsmax display port in terms of texture size and placement do not match what Ingido renders. See the attached composed screen shots.

1. This is the texture I am having issues with.
2. The bitmap on the pink box I made in 3dsmax. I was originally a 3dsmax material, and I turned in to an indigo phong and I added the texture.

I am puzzed. I would like to learn why this is happening. I am using a demo version for the time being while I learn the software. Does that make a difference?

Also is it possible while using Indigo (maxingo) to replace the default 3dsmax material preview with what I rendered in the maxgingo material editor? - If not possible, it would be a nice "eye candy" improvement.

Thanks,

Profoxcg

Re: UV / Texture issue - help - its probably something simpl

Post by Profoxcg » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Attached screen shot
Attachments
NO TEXTURE QUESTION.jpg

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Well.. it's hard to say what's happening only by looking at the screenshot.
One thing I notice is, that you use 3x3 tiling under Material editor. Maxigo 2.2 did not support tiling inside Material Editor. Support for that came with the latest Indigo and Maxigo 2.4. In previous versions you had to adjust the tiling under UV modifier. So I suggest you to update to Indigo 2.4 and Maxigo 2.4.

[edit]
Yes, the problem seems to come from using tiling + "Real world map scale" feature.
Updating both, Indigo and Maxigo to 2.4 should solve your problem.
Last edited by suvakas on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Profoxcg wrote:Also is it possible while using Indigo (maxingo) to replace the default 3dsmax material preview with what I rendered in the maxgingo material editor? - If not possible, it would be a nice "eye candy" improvement.
This is something that will come in the future version of Maxigo. It is not possible with current versions.

Profoxcg

Post by Profoxcg » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 am

Thanks, Im going to try to solve the issues with 2.2 then upgrade to 2.4 in efforts of "knowing"
Thanks for your reply.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1