Writing a new manual

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
everwind
Indigo 100

Writing a new manual

Post by everwind » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 am

Hi guys, I made (or at least I began) a french manual for Indigo 1.1.18 quite a long time ago, and now thaht we have te beginning of a 2.5 exporter avec indigo 2.4 with the new interface and GPU acceleration, I would like to make a new one (for 2 years I haven't had th time due to my studies but now I will get it). As a reference the old version was about 20 pages of PDF and I did around 50% of what I expected to do before I had to stop ( http://everwind.free.fr/Tutoriel%20Indigo%20v1-3.pdf )

Why do I want to make a manual ?
- To make a french documentation
- To complete the current english one (especially on the aspects of tonemapping / photo effects ...)
- To have a documentation valid with blender 2.5 / indigo 2.4 :-)

I also think it would not be cool that such a manual would be only in french, but the translation work would take a little too long for me, but I think I can do it approximately).

So I would like to know if I could use some extracts of the current documentation, some pictures of this documentation, and if somebody would be OK to help me for the translation (you don't need to speak french, even if it would be better, I can translate it approximately and you would just have to correct the expression).

Soup

Re: Writing a new manual

Post by Soup » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

Hey Everwind that sounds like a great idea. You can use anything from the existing documentation, and I can hook you up with the source document files if you would like (open office files with text and images).
I am looking at converting it all to a more standard htmlhelp type of thing for better searching and stuff.
It would be great if we could find a way to integrate them together so that it is an easy switch from ENG to FR.
email me at [url]mailto:joel@indigorenderer.com[/url] and I can send you the files :)

jackhookss

Re: Writing a new manual

Post by jackhookss » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Its great that you are updating the old manual and creating the new one with addition of the latest updations to the file. It is nice to hear that your are translating it from French to English so that it is much understood. Really a good job and users get benefited with that new manual.
Rules are made to be broken

3 posts • Page 1 of 1