Indigo cache files fills hard drive on network slaves

Post by fbrunell » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:34 pm

SETUP :
- Indigo Renderer v2.2.12, Windows 64-bit Release build
- Blendigo v2.2.11 -d :: Indigo exporter module
- Blender 2.49b 64bit version
- Windows 7.0 Ultimate 64bit version

Hello,

Not sure if this is a problem related to Indigo, Blendigo or just my setup but the other day I noticed that my hard drive on my network slave PCs (500MB dedicated for rendering files with normally 20GB of data) filled up completely.

After searching what was gobling all my disk space I noticed that the c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Indigo Rendere\cache\... directory were full.

Would Indigo/Blendigo supposed to be deleting files in these directories when render jobs are completed? My typical jobs are a lot of "Render Animation". At the moment, I have to regularly go and empty these directories. A 200 pics render can sometimes gobble close to 250GB of cache files.

Thanks in advance,

Jambert
Indigo 100

Re: Indigo cache files fills hard drive on network slaves

Post by Jambert » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Same problem here, it doesn't auto erase network files. It can be an indigo issue, I remember it appends with an old indigo release.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Yeah, it is an Indigo issue. The idea is that the geometry is cached to disk to make re-loading a scene faster, but I don't recall any situation under which Indigo cleans its cache.

IIRC the cache can be disabled completely using the <cache_trees>false</cache_trees> setting in the default inifile.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Yup, it's an indigo issue. Indigo caches various things to disk, such as scenes transferred over the network for network rendering, and kdtrees, to disk. But it doesn't limit the size of the cache. I guess I should put a limit like 5 GB on the cache size and start deleting old stuff from the cache when the limit is exceeded.

fbrunell

Post by fbrunell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to have the possibility in Blendigo (In the system tab for example) to have the option of delete the cache upon completion of a render or render animation!

Since this is an issue with Indigo, it could be an option present in all exporters.

My 2 cents. :)

ak-sam

Post by ak-sam » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 am

Just checked my cache on indigo 4.0.47 and it's 800GB (after 2 months of using indigo on my new pc, my ssd was getting full)

maybe a reasonable auto delete like 50gb would be useful?
Skindigo on 1x 6950x, 1x3970x, 6x3930k, 2x4930k, 3x5930k

6 posts • Page 1 of 1