Sorry but: Using imported materials!!??

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
JotaSolano

Sorry but: Using imported materials!!??

Post by JotaSolano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi guys... OK, I'm TOTALLY new to Indigo... lol... I've searched this forum up and down trying to find an answer... please direct me in the right path if there's already a topic about this...

I can't use the materials I've downloaded from Indigo's material database... blendigo does import them (yet it can't preview them), and when I hit RENDER, Indigo starts up and a screen says:

A problem occurred with the scene:
failed to load XML doc from path 'C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\..\..\..\Indigo\Materiales\Vidrio\red_candy_glass.pigm': Error document empty. (Line 0, column 0.)

(and so on with all the imported materials)

Can anyone PLEASE help me?... I kinda understood that the only way if you're using blendigo is to copy/paste from the XLM file... yet, when I open it with a text editor... all I get makes no sense, here's an exaple:

PK Z%_9Ü ÷a | Red_Candy_Glass.igmUT üÕ I[ö JUx õ S½NÃ0Þ‘x3uJÓR
²²© &ëb_ƒ…cGvZ‘Gæ-0)”4MÉ’û~îâû~‘$+´è¡AEŠ–,µUºt„¥ñž&I~~Æ£æ)h[’GmÛçÊìÑ;Ü¢quç¼%/[déŒù ðd²ÞT“8È8DA± ñâ*½©¾«±Pa~ê!¶[‚U-YÓŽè kZ‰9Ë8í•=QAËЁÚùœ¥W,Ë¢ï«ð6òµ…×ë<K³¬“ðŠà|Ýhgw¼–m#B²ñgÜ[|YŒÀ{ŠÝ¤ólAØb–NÙŒ°ù"_^sú‡­„ª‚œqº{™9âæôÿïÎi¥œÈ«øýx
æ(И¦èÒ'Ò,¡jðqúQj6ö¶`Än¤8ù¡Œ
Íð½vöxHÇIgC‘›}eþSW6Ò!nýÔ)â¢~WÃiÿ?øPK Z%_9Ü ÷a |
¤ Red_Candy_Glass.igmUT üÕ IUx PK N §

The material is Red_Candy_Glass.igm (http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/66)

So... I can't even do it manually... what in god's name am I doing wrong?..

Thanks for the help...

JS

P.S. I CAN open/render the materials in Indigo's material editor... so i don't think the files are corrupted or anything like that...

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Sorry but: Using imported materials!!??

Post by StompinTom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 pm

".pigm" means "packed indigo material". You have to unpack it to an .igm for it to work. When you open it with the material editor, save it as an .igm and it should work...

Soup

Post by Soup » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Does Indigo not support .pigms? That is most definitely a needed feature - Indigo should really support its own file formats after all :mrgreen:

lycium

Post by lycium » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:37 pm

From the "PK" in the first bytes you can tell it's a renamed .ZIP file - if you want to check out the contents, just rename the extension and open it up.

Soup

Post by Soup » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm

In plain words: Rename the file to .zip or .rar and open with winrar or winzip and extract the contents. ;)

JotaSolano

Post by JotaSolano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

StompinTom wrote:".pigm" means "packed indigo material". You have to unpack it to an .igm for it to work. When you open it with the material editor, save it as an .igm and it should work...
WOW it seem so simple to solve lol... I'm not saying it works cause I haven't tried yet... it's very late here... but I'll try first thing in the morning and I'll let you guys know...

Thanks for the help!

P.S. If this is the problem... then a little note in the materials data base page should save new users A LOT of time and trouble... (just a suggestion :D )

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Unpacking .pigm is just a nasty workaround. All exporters should support opening .pigm files directly.
I'm a bit surprised that Blendigo doesn't. Quite critical missing feature, don't you guys think?

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm

suvakas wrote:Unpacking .pigm is just a nasty workaround. All exporters should support opening .pigm files directly.
I'm a bit surprised that Blendigo doesn't. Quite critical missing feature, don't you guys think?
Sounds like fighting talk to me :twisted: - Dougal? :wink:
Doug

Doug Armand

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Post by Silmä » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 am

Doesn't the experimental Blendigo 2.3 already support pigms?

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:54 am

Doug Armand wrote: Sounds like fighting talk to me :twisted: - Dougal? :wink:
lol, nope, I'm not picking a fight. :lol:
It's just that this "pigm unpacking" saga has been going on for ages among Blendigo users.
It's a bit sad to watch.

JotaSolano

Post by JotaSolano » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 am

Well... It didn't work to change the extension to .zip or .rar... instead I opened the file in the materials editor and then saved it as a .igm ... however... (and I'm just guessing), since the file wasn't unpacked, I can't select the image file used for the texture of the material, therefore, I can't UV map it to Blender, so... I get this nasty message when I hit render that says:

A problem occurred with the scene:
SceneLoaderExcep: ObjectExcep: No such uv set 'default' (In element 'model', around line 278, column 5)

And then, nothing happens... so much for a "supported" exporter... I mean... I'm lost here and I haven't even rendered my first scene yet... when you see the price tag of Indigo, you kinda think that this problems shouldn't happen... right?

I don't know what to do... as I said, I tried to change it to .zip or .rar...

Any help...?? PLEASE!

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 am

You have to set your models UV layout name to 'default' instead of the usual 'UVTex'. That's in the Edit Panel (F9).

JotaSolano

Post by JotaSolano » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:11 am

StompinTom wrote:You have to set your models UV layout name to 'default' instead of the usual 'UVTex'. That's in the Edit Panel (F9).
Thank you!... Problem solved... !... Now when I render there's something wrong with the light but I think I can manage! :oops:

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 am

One step at a time... :D Good luck!

Soup

Post by Soup » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 am

suvakas wrote:Unpacking .pigm is just a nasty workaround. All exporters should support opening .pigm files directly.
Trac'd :wink:

16 posts