can't preview emitter or external material, sorry...

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
namco

can't preview emitter or external material, sorry...

Post by namco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 am

Okay, this is starting to drive me crazy. Could a kind soul please explainto me how to use external materials with blendigo? I have extracted the pigm but no matter where I put the files, blendigo (v2.2.11-d) still gives me this rather useless error (it would be a bit more useful if it told the user what the problem actually is!) :
can't preview emitter or external material, sorry
I thought that the link to the jpg's were wrong, so I opened the igm in a text editor and manually changed the paths, but still no luck.

The materials are working fine with the indigo material editor, so what's up with blendigo?

Meelis

Re: can't preview emitter or external material, sorry...

Post by Meelis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:21 am

:D
I think u can't preview via Blendigo,
but it's really easy with Material Editor.

Are u shure u want to use preview or start rendering your scene (the whole work)?

fbrunell

Post by fbrunell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Maybe one suggestion for future version of Blendigo. It would be nice to have Blendigo launch the material editor with the external material when selecting "Preview" for external material.

namco

Post by namco » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

So, the button simply doesn't work? Maybe it would be a good idea to remove it then.

Another thing, when you use an external material you can't really change the setting inside indigo. Is there a way to actually load the material settings into blendigo to do a little tweaking there? When using the material editor I quickly end up with many versions of the same material with only tiny differences and it is a mess :?

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 pm

namco wrote:So, the button simply doesn't work? Maybe it would be a good idea to remove it then.
It works - just not with external materials :wink:

If your using External Materials then I recommend that you get into a workflow that includes the Indigo Material Editor as it is really much more flexible - for instance it is real easy to create multi-blend materials in it - try doing that in Blendigo!
Doug

Doug Armand

5 posts • Page 1 of 1