Blendigo 2.2.11-b

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo 2.2.11-b

Post by StompinTom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 am

camera shift will simply use the values from Blender, as you can see the effect in the 3D viewport. conversion to indigo values will happen automatically.
My poor calculator will feel abandoned. Thanks, though, saves a bit of messing around and recalculating for every change :)

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:55 am

enricocerica wrote:Thanks dougal2 for the clarifications, I made some confusion between mesh and object and indeed the subdivision appears on the mesh properties. Great to hear that shift lens will be automatically set based on the Blender values, that will be very useful.
Godzilla wrote:Another nice addition to Blendigo would be the ability to choose whether or not hidden meshes/objects are exported (If this is possible). It would be easier than having to move the meshes to a different layer, and much faster. Perhaps a button to the left of the 'XM' button that says 'XH' (Export Hidden).
This is really usefull, each time a new script is out, I do at least that modification to avoid the export of hidden objects, this really improves rendering peformances and helps to manage layers. So I really encourage that functionality.

This is very simple, here is the way I managed it :
Thanks very much Enrico - this will be included in the next release.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 am

Jambert wrote:thx

- working master doesn't work with animation rendering
Fixed in next release. Also fixed will be animation mesh export-overwrite. Meshes will now be saved to a numbered sub-folder so that each frame doesn't overwrite the geometry of the last.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 am

dougal2 wrote:
Jambert wrote:thx

- working master doesn't work with animation rendering
Fixed in next release. Also fixed will be animation mesh export-overwrite. Meshes will now be saved to a numbered sub-folder so that each frame doesn't overwrite the geometry of the last.
Great, thank you very much :D

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 am

@dougal2 you can drive Blender from the script
I made both shift and crop work this way see attach.
I made it to auto align to the the camera view in the 3d window if 'border' or the shift 'x/y' were selected so you could see the extents.
shift actually has a limit of about 12mm for real 35mm lenses I found.
its a shame folks have had to wait 9 months or more for some of this stuff to get into commercial Blendigo ...hopefully you keep up with it a little better than @smartden did
Attachments
shift and border.JPG
shift and border.JPG (42.77 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
Last edited by Big Fan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 am

Hello again BigFan,

I've decided that if the controls are present in Blender, that they don't need to be replicated in Blendigo. Hence, users should just use border render and shift as they do in blender and it's automatically and transparently carried across to the indigo scene.

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 am

yeah I know just saying...its not so much hassle with changing Blender panels..and the crop is easier to adjust one direction at a time like this.. anyway..bye y'all

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:16 am

Excuse me if it's already been solved in the new Blendigo version, I'm just downloading it now.

But using Groups for particles isn't carrying over into Indigo at all... Specifically, I'm using a group of several different grass patch models which the particle system then uses to generate a field of grass using a random selection of the grass patch models with different rotations and sizes. Automated, modeled grass that is actually pretty light because you can dial down how much of the particles you see in the viewport, and it's density and such can be controlled by weight painting. The great thing is it's just a bunch of instances of 3-4 pretty light models so it doesn't chew up massive amounts of RAM.

Any thoughts on this? Would really love to have it...

Keep up the great work!

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:24 am

Uh oh. The new Blendigo doesn't wanna play with me. This happens whenever I hit render, for any scene I try.

Code: Select all

INDIGO EXPORT

* Material
  * Material
  * flatPlywood
  * PLYWOODEDGE
BUMP UV SET: UVTex
exportMeshBinary()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\ble
ndigo.py", line 4730, in buttonEvt
    exportStill(defaultFile)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3577, in exportStill
    export(filename, False)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3541, in export
    if exportIndigoScene(filename, objlist, meshlist, matlist):
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3455, in exportIndigoScene
    exportMeshBinary(mesh, meshname, mesh_save_dir, current_mesh_index, obj.getMatrix(), file)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 2332, in exportMeshBinary
    igmesh = indigo_mesh.IndigoMeshDH()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'IndigoMeshDH'
Help? Now nothing renders.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:17 am

StompinTom wrote:Uh oh. The new Blendigo doesn't wanna play with me. This happens whenever I hit render, for any scene I try.

Code: Select all

INDIGO EXPORT

* Material
  * Material
  * flatPlywood
  * PLYWOODEDGE
BUMP UV SET: UVTex
exportMeshBinary()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\ble
ndigo.py", line 4730, in buttonEvt
    exportStill(defaultFile)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3577, in exportStill
    export(filename, False)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3541, in export
    if exportIndigoScene(filename, objlist, meshlist, matlist):
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 3455, in exportIndigoScene
    exportMeshBinary(mesh, meshname, mesh_save_dir, current_mesh_index, obj.getMatrix(), file)
  File "C:\Blender 2.49a64\.blender\scripts\blendigo.py", line 2332, in exportMeshBinary
    igmesh = indigo_mesh.IndigoMeshDH()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'IndigoMeshDH'
Help? Now nothing renders.
Looks like a failed installation. Can you check you have the blendigopkg folder in your blender scripts dir, and that it contains the files indigo_mesh.py and _igmesh.py ?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:36 am

Yep, got those and a bunch more.

Maybe I should delete them and re-install? I tried reinstalling already but I don't know if it replaced older files or just let them be. Also, the installer said it couldn't find my Blender installation so I had to point it to my scripts folder, though that shouldn't be a problem, no?

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 am

StompinTom wrote:Maybe I should delete them and re-install?
I think you should try this first.

Do you have a full python installed? It shouldn't be necessary, I'm just curious to know.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 am

Oh and here's what I've got in Blender with instanced grass driven by a particle system.

That's made with a Group and a particle system. The particle system randomly selects an object from the Group as a particle and randomizes its rotation and size.

Blendigo doesn't pick up on that and renders just the base emitter plane.

Another crucial thing is to work in the viewport, the particle system only displays 2 percent of the total particles (you can set this in the particle settings) though it renders them all. It would be important to have Blendigo export the total amount rather than the viewport amount or else it becomes impossible to work with all the clutter and it's way too tedious to switch it on and off for rendering.

Thoughts?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:02 am

dougal2 wrote:
StompinTom wrote:Maybe I should delete them and re-install?
I think you should try this first.

Do you have a full python installed? It shouldn't be necessary, I'm just curious to know.
I do have full Python installed, though I'll check to make sure the paths are correct because I was screwing around with disabling Python so I could run Blender 2.5.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:04 am

StompinTom wrote: Thoughts?
Very nice grass :) and yes Blendigo should support this. I'm not too familiar at the minute with the part of Blendigo that would handle the particle instances, I need to go in and have a look to see what needs to be done.

53 posts