Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo 2.2.8

Post by Jambert » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:53 am

A,B,C are renamed on this release, sorry Dougl2 for asking :oops: :mrgreen:

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:00 am

Jambert wrote:A,B,C are renamed on this release, sorry Dougl2 for asking :oops: :mrgreen:
They are currently labelled Brightness/Contrast/Saturation for the colour channel.

BTW, could you elaborate on the networking issue you reported earlier in the thread? I'm not sure I fully understand what you meant.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 am

dougal2 wrote:
Jambert wrote:A,B,C are renamed on this release, sorry Dougl2 for asking :oops: :mrgreen:
They are currently labelled Brightness/Contrast/Saturation for the colour channel.

BTW, could you elaborate on the networking issue you reported earlier in the thread? I'm not sure I fully understand what you meant.
Slave doesn't run. I need to "stop" render with indigo GUI, check "network" and "start" to get slave start rendering. It just doesn't run automatically. Problem is the same for single and animation rendering.

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 am

dougal2 wrote:@Doug

The problem was that the camera MB start key-frame was always frame 1 rather than the current frame - so your broken render shows a blur covering time=0 to time=(current frame+exposure duration) instead of time=(current frame) to time=(current frame + exposure duration).
The result of this is that for any frame other than the first, the MB effect is too much by a factor of (current frame number).

Anyway, it should now be fixed :)
Nice work Dougal :D - will check it out with your next release

Dougal - Doug. Seriously folks theres no relation :lol:
Doug

Doug Armand

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:32 am

Jambert wrote:
dougal2 wrote:

Slave doesn't run. I need to "stop" render with indigo GUI, check "network" and "start" to get slave start rendering. It just doesn't run automatically. Problem is the same for single and animation rendering.
Just to say that networking here seems to run faultlessly - sorry Jambert no help to you I know but just stating it for data purposes.
Doug

Doug Armand

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 am

I have more time to explain now.

First, on master computer, I make an export with autorun, it begin rendering.
Second computer, indigo slave run but it doesn't upload scene. I think there is something wrong with exported file because if I stop render on first computer and start again, file is uploaded by the slave on second computer and everything works fine. It's not realy a problem for single render but it's realy improtant for animation rendering! I can't stay in front of my computer to enable network for each frame.

So, to me, there are two ways to resolve it.
First, add master button to blendigo as it was... don't know more about it but it worked

Second, see this post http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=7501
nobody answered but it sounds important to me, please take a bit more time to read and tell me what you think about it.
1) Render animation without indigo open/close each frame. If indigo stay open during animation rendering:
1.1) it could enable to keep/save light layer settings from previous frame
1.2) maybe we could imagine a graphical/curve editor for light layer value, to get a full "user friendly" light layer control frame by frame
1.3) Maybe would be nice to create a "saving toolbox", to save "automaticaly" multiple .png or .jpg with different light layer enable. For each frame, 1,2,3... png or jpg file with for first one/layer one enable, second/layer three and four, third/layer 2 and four etc...

2) Enable/Desable network rendering during render
thx all for your time :wink:

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 am

@Jambert

OK, I see the 'working master' option is missing in Blendigo. Shouldn't be difficult to add it back in.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 am

dougal2 wrote:@Jambert

OK, I see the 'working master' option is missing in Blendigo. Shouldn't be difficult to add it back in.
done, it'll be in the next release.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 am

dougal2 wrote:
dougal2 wrote:@Jambert

done, it'll be in the next release.
thx :D

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

dakiru wrote:Great! Thanks! :D

May I ask about the hybrid rendering method? Will it stay disabled in Blendigo options?
Hi Dakiru,
Hybrid rendering is pretty much deprecated for now. It may come back in the future.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

OnoSendai wrote:
dakiru wrote:Great! Thanks! :D

May I ask about the hybrid rendering method? Will it stay disabled in Blendigo options?
Hi Dakiru,
Hybrid rendering is pretty much deprecated for now. It may come back in the future.
Further to this info, the hybrid mode will not be in the next release.

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 am

There something strange with sunsky. If I desable sun, it renders with a white background. It's the first time I try it, I thought it just desable sun but still generate gradient sky?

edit: sorry it works, my sun was on another layer... :wink:

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 am

Jambert wrote:There something strange with sunsky. If I desable sun, it renders with a white background. It's the first time I try it, I thought it just desable sun but still generate gradient sky?

and when there is no sun during the "sun a sky" setting it automatically switches to "background color"

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:42 am

dakiru wrote:
Jambert wrote:There something strange with sunsky. If I desable sun, it renders with a white background. It's the first time I try it, I thought it just desable sun but still generate gradient sky?

and when there is no sun during the "sun a sky" setting it automatically switches to "background color"
For this to happen you would have to disable both the sun and sky layers

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:52 am

dakiru wrote:

I've made a mistake, it works perfectly

55 posts