Windows:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

Linux:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... 2.8.tar.gz

Mac:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... -2.2.8.zip

Major changes by me:
* Added export progress bar/indicator
* Implemented scrollbar (thanks to LuxBlend).
* Fixes #66: external mats can now be blended.
* fix mess with include variables leading to multiple <include> elements for external mats.
* Refined toggle buttons to use +/- symbols.
* Re-set controls on environment tab to be visible.
* One or two other minor typo corrections.

EDIT: Added OSX installer
Attachments
blendigo-anim.gif
blendigo-anim.gif (181.85 KiB) Viewed 7312 times

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo 2.2.8

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

WOOOHOOOOO - render buttons at the top!. At last. Many thanks for that. Will test the rest soon :D :D
Doug

Doug Armand

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Great! Thanks! :D

May I ask about the hybrid rendering method? Will it stay disabled in Blendigo options?

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm

A few things from quick play

Motion Blur is still screwed up - something went wrong between the last version of Smartdens, which did motion blur just fine, to Benn' version. That is still not working properly

Clay Render doesn't work with external materials

the progress bar is nice though and the layout is better - still too big in my opinion but thank you for Render buttons at the top ! :D
Doug

Doug Armand

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 am

Thx for new release :D

I just test animation rendering, slave doesn't start, I need to stop render, enable network in indigo, then start again rendering to get slave working. Could you add a master/slave button to fix it?
Last edited by Jambert on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namco

Post by namco » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:20 am

indigo v2.2.4 Linux 64-bit

Code: Select all

Error: SceneLoaderExcep: CSModelLoaderExcep: ModelFormatDecoderExcep for model '/tmp/Cube_0.igmesh': Invalid format version. (In element 'mesh', around line 110, column 5)

benn

Post by benn » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 am

namco - blendigo 2.2.8 requires indigo 2.2.

http://www.indigorenderer.com/download/beta/

namco

Post by namco » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 am

benn wrote:namco - blendigo 2.2.8 requires indigo 2.2.
http://www.indigorenderer.com/download/beta/
2.2.what ? I assume you mean Indigo 2.2.4, since that is the only version available for linux 64-bit on the page you are linking to. I'm already using that, as stated in my post.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:45 am

Added OSX installer in top post.

Unfortunately I can't test it because I only have an old G4 Powerbook and can't run the latest indigo on it.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:09 am

the OSX installer still relies on Blender residing at /Applications/Blender.app?
I've mentioned this before, but I think we need to be able to browse to our specific Blender location during the install process, not just which HD to install to. I've never put any version of the Blender.app directly in the applications folder. instead, it's more like: /Applications/Blender 2.49a/Blender.app (the Blender package unzips like this and you just drag it to your Applications.)
is this something that can be implemented in the installer?
also, even if Blender is not at the top of the Applications folder, the installer still goes about its business and acts like it was successful, even though nothing is actually installed.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:58 am

Thanks FakeShamus I'll have a look at that. On my machine, I naturally didn't put blender.app in /Applications either, and I didn't actually test the installer :oops:

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Jambert wrote:Thx for new release :D

I just test animation rendering, slave doesn't start, I need to stop render, enable network in indigo, then start again rendering to get slave working. Could you add a master/slave button to fix it?
Little up :mrgreen: , will it be fix on next release? quite important things to me :)

pvbeeber
Indigo 100

Post by pvbeeber » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:19 am

When can we expect motion blur to be functional again? This has been broken for quite a while now...

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Few problems:

1. Installation
The installer did seem to recognize that I don't have Blender.app directly in the Applications folder but rather in Applications/Blender/Blender.app. However the Blendigo script generated a consloe message, complaining that a .indigo/location file did not exist, which i would guess should have been placed there by the installer script ?
Anyway, it took me a little while to figure out what path is expected in the "location" file. This did the trick.
/Applications/"Indigo 2.28.app"/Contents/MacOS/

I like the progress bar in Blendigo, as well as in Indigo.

2. Blendigo interface.
First I have to say that I like the new interface very much. Very clean and organized. Gerat job.
However, as I have noted in the other thread http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=7186 there still are a few things left to be done:

2.1 When loading a Blender file, or restarting the Blendigo script after closing it, the "Color" section always opens up with Type Color even if a texture file is is loaded. I guess the default behavior is that if a texture file is loaded it is applied, regardless if "Color" is selected. Did not take long to figure that out, however that is not self explanatory.

2.2 The "Bump" and "Exponent" channels open unfolded if a texture file is loaded, however, the "Displacement" channel always opens up collapsed even if a texture file is loaded and active.

the above two things can be pretty annoying if you want to re-render an older scene and don't remember every detail about it anymore.

The suggestions I made in that earlier post are still applicable even if the symbol for hide/unhide has been replaced

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 am

@Headroom

You've got PM. I'm posting this as notification is not working anymore. :roll: :wink:

take care
psor
"The sleeper must awaken"

55 posts