Indigo 0.6 test 1 blender exporter beta 1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
richie

Post by richie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 pm

thank you radiance,
someone told me using phong was a bad idea, that's why i was asking. i can remember he use specular with high ior value and false for transparent option instead.

lukas182

Post by lukas182 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:45 am

HeLLo ;), first say that im impressed of that renderer.. I think that it will have a nice future ;) .
I have Some noobish questions...
1)Can some1 explain me how take the textures i that i have made on blender? ;)
2)When i apply , dupliverts in 1 objet in blender.. and i export it.. how i can make that the dupliverts appears in the Indigo`s Render too?

Thx :)

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:17 am

welcome lukas,

1) for textures you can use only JPEG files (or EXR and PNG i think). So you have to look for a way to export your Blender textures to a image file.
2) I'am working on a update of the exporter to support "Blender grouping" (i think it's what you're talking about)

regards zuegs

lukas182

Post by lukas182 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:41 am

Oki Thx :) .. the 2) was for a roof.. i have made it making 1 objet child of other..so later the other one, replicate it in the verts of the other one with the option "dupliverts" ;) ( Dunno if i explained it in the right way , im so noob in technical english )
Ill check the texture part later.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:13 am

radiance: Yeah, I saw these screenshots up on the documentation page, no text yet, but thanks for the screenshots! Those made me understand the basic Indigo materials.

Another question: i see the transparent tag was removed, so thats the reason why my RayMirror materials were rendered black - as the exporter used these non-existant tags.
But how does it calculate it from the IOR, if IOR == 1 then it's non-transparent?
That means we can't have anything transparent with an IOR of 1!
For example, air's IOR = 1. So air bubbles in water, glass, etc. would be rendered opaque.

zuegs: is there any way to add support for non-UV mapped textures in the exporter, ie: Orco, Global or Object coordinates? Or is that dependent on the Indigo renderer itself?
"Have you ever had a render Neo you were so sure was real? What if you couldn't wake from that render? How would you know the difference between the rendered world, and the real world?"

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:48 pm

@Zsolt:
zuegs: is there any way to add support for non-UV mapped textures in the exporter, ie: Orco, Global or Object coordinates? Or is that dependent on the Indigo renderer itself?
The exporter must deliver UV-coords to Indigo (Indigo don't know Orco, Global,... stuff). But it should be possible, by knowing implementation of this mapping types, to export coresponding UV-coords :D . Perhaps you can tell me in which Blender-sourcefile this mapping formulas are located so I can but this formulas in the exporter too (I never had enough endurance to search this :wink: )...

@lukas:
ok, i confused with "DupliGroup" (i'am working on), currently there's no support for "DupliVerts", i don't know if there's a possibility to convert a DupliVerts-group to real meshes before exporting... :cry:

TjGk

Post by TjGk » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:53 am

I see no numthreads option with this exporter, when version 0.6 is supposed to support multithreading. Is there a line I can insert in the XML for this?

I'm using Blender 2.42 with the exporter found in this thread.

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:17 am

edit the infile.txt
at the bottom you'll find:

Code: Select all

"num_threads" "1"
write 2 instead of one (or 3 or 4 or ... 8) )

Synthesizer

Post by Synthesizer » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:14 pm

I just set up Ubuntu and I've got indigo working great with wine. I've got blender working good too, but when I try to use the script, I get an "error: check console". So I'm wondering how you find the console for Blender in Linux...... You'd think that would be the place to have one by default, rather than windows.....

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:21 am

don's start blender from a shortcut to the executable. Open a shell window and type "blender" (no quotes) and hit enter. Blender will start anyway and log any info in this shell.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

Synthesizer

Post by Synthesizer » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:02 am

Hmm, it tells me command not found, but I can see it in the folder, ls brings it up, why can't it find it :(

Synthesizer

Post by Synthesizer » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:19 am

Ah, I got it working with a launcher and telling it to run in a terminal. It appears I don't have python, that would probably explain it :P

Everything is working fine now :D

TjGk

Post by TjGk » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks, manitwo. I also found that I can put in the line <num_threads>2</num_threads> into the first block in the XML.

lego

Post by lego » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:06 pm

I'd like a new feature, if possibile :oops:

The exporter should ignore the .00x extension in the material name when dealing with nk materials!
For example when I have two different al.nk materials in my scene (different parameters or textures...), in blender one becomes al.nk and the other al.nk.001, so I have to edit every time the xml changing the reference to the nk material.
It would be useful to me if the exporter could keep the al.nk.001 name, but refer to the material al.nk :)

29 posts