Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Camera Motion Bug

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Blendigo 2.0.10/Indigo 2.0.12/ Windows

If Camera Motion is enabled then the camera position data:
<camera>
<pos>
isn't written to the .igs file and therefore you will always get only the first frame rendered no matter what frame you are on. Object Motion blur works fine but if Object and Camera are both enabled then again the position data is written.

So my cack handed workaround atm is to save a .igs without Camera Motion enabled and look at that for the camera pos data and copy it. Then save a new .igs with Camera Motion enabled - open this .igs and paste the earlier saved camera pos data.

This also only works if you want to render a single frame. A full animation sequence would be a lot of work using this method :?

There is probably a much easier way to do this but I'm no programmer - was a miracle I worked this much out! :lol:
Doug

Doug Armand

SmartDen
Developer

Re: Camera Motion Bug

Post by SmartDen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Doug Armand wrote:Blendigo 2.0.10/Indigo 2.0.12/ Windows

If Camera Motion is enabled then the camera position data:
<camera>
<pos>
isn't written to the .igs file and therefore you will always get only the first frame rendered no matter what frame you are on. Object Motion blur works fine but if Object and Camera are both enabled then again the position data is written.

So my cack handed workaround atm is to save a .igs without Camera Motion enabled and look at that for the camera pos data and copy it. Then save a new .igs with Camera Motion enabled - open this .igs and paste the earlier saved camera pos data.

This also only works if you want to render a single frame. A full animation sequence would be a lot of work using this method :?

There is probably a much easier way to do this but I'm no programmer - was a miracle I worked this much out! :lol:
i'll check it immediately
Check normals, dude!

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply - looking forward to an update
Doug

Doug Armand

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Doug Armand wrote:Thanks for the quick reply - looking forward to an update
hmm, it work for me. can you post an example blend file, please
Check normals, dude!

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 am

Are you using the latest 2.2.1 build?. Cos I just updated to that and it seems to be working ok now. Weird :shock:

But hey as long as it works. Thanks for looking into it so quick.

However I may still have found a bug in either Indigo or Blendigo. If you just rotate a camera you should get camera motion blur but that doesn't seem to happen. If you introduce even a tiny bit of Loc movement it works.
Doug

Doug Armand

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 am

Doug Armand wrote:Are you using the latest 2.2.1 build?. Cos I just updated to that and it seems to be working ok now. Weird :shock:

But hey as long as it works. Thanks for looking into it so quick.

However I may still have found a bug in either Indigo or Blendigo. If you just rotate a camera you should get camera motion blur but that doesn't seem to happen. If you introduce even a tiny bit of Loc movement it works.
Camera rotation don't work yet. i'll working on it now. As soon as i've been done it, i'll release
Check normals, dude!

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:52 am

OK thanks again for such a quick response
Doug

Doug Armand

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Smartden

Been doing some tests.

#1: I'm still getting just frame 1 rendered no matter what frame I'm on. If I turn off motion blur I get the frame I'm on rendered. Also if I export the entire sequence and then render any of the frames they are all frame 1.
I have uploaded http://cid-dee301fc4ac2d000.skydrive.li ... Blur.blend a simple blender file that has an object move from right to left. It may just be my inexperience with Blender's animation system but I can't see what I am doing wrong. Either way would like a solution. :D

#2: A very small bug. If you have NO camera motion but select the Camera Motion button you get a python script error. Not a major thing but maybe do an error trap on the error to ignore it?

#3: spelling mistake in tooltip for 'Exposure' secunds=seconds. :wink:
Doug

Doug Armand

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Doug Armand wrote:Hi Smartden

Been doing some tests.

#1: I'm still getting just frame 1 rendered no matter what frame I'm on. If I turn off motion blur I get the frame I'm on rendered. Also if I export the entire sequence and then render any of the frames they are all frame 1.
I have uploaded http://cid-dee301fc4ac2d000.skydrive.li ... Blur.blend a simple blender file that has an object move from right to left. It may just be my inexperience with Blender's animation system but I can't see what I am doing wrong. Either way would like a solution. :D

#2: A very small bug. If you have NO camera motion but select the Camera Motion button you get a python script error. Not a major thing but maybe do an error trap on the error to ignore it?

#3: spelling mistake in tooltip for 'Exposure' secunds=seconds. :wink:
hey doug, i cann't download your file. just attach it to your posting or use another file hosting. or you can send it to me smartden [at] gmail.com
Check normals, dude!

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 am

OK I've sent if via email
Doug

Doug Armand

10 posts • Page 1 of 1