Animation rendering

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Jambert
Indigo 100

Animation rendering

Post by Jambert » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi all,

Animation rendering doesn't work with last blendigo, it doesn't generate the "anim frame" file. So, to create this file, I used blendigo 1.1.14. I'm running with core i7 and 1.1.14 doesn't export 8 threads. So with last blendigo 2.0.10, I started a new igs export without "autorun" which make an error. When I start rendering, it just uses 4 threads!?

I tried to change settings manualy in igs, by adding <num_threads>8</num_threads> in "render settings", no change...

So, does animation rendering uses a kind of inifile?

thanks in advance?

benn

Re: Animation rendering

Post by benn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 am

The animation rendering should just render one .igs after the next from the batch file, and should use 'autodetect threads' by default. I haven't tested animation rendering recently - but if this is a real bug I'll investigate the blendigo code and get it fixed for you.

Shall I investigate further?

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 am

Thx Benn for replying, I don't have time to test it now but I'll make you a report about animation rendering tomorrow.

But:
1) I can told you now that master / slave button were usefull, would be nice to add it :)

2) Can you talk about it with Ono. Maybe some network rendering tools could be added to indigo UI to make animation rendering more easier to use, stuff like ip / num_threads / master/slave... and much more (exporter developper would have less work).

3) Would be nice too to enable or desable display which eat power and time, to make UI as fast as indigo_console, if it's possible? Maybe display could be just a link to saved render.

thx by advance to tell me what you think about it :D

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:08 pm

1) Slave is unable to connect, I use cmd "indigo -n s -h 192.168.0.1"

2) If you decide to add master / slave, please check that slave use all threads and maybe autorun too :wink:

gladysila

Post by gladysila » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Where can I find a good animation video to show me step by step instructions? I am working on an animation and I have to do two types of animations for this chunky character. 1 is a smear head turn and the 2nd is a regular head turn. His face is chunky and he has a hat and earrings. How do I get those to look smooth?

5 posts • Page 1 of 1