Page 1 of 1

Glass material value?

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm
by winnabago111
I'm doing a close up of glass and I want to make sure I have a good glass material value. What have you found to be good. Thanks.

Re: Glass material value?

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm
by SmartDen
winnabago111 wrote:I'm doing a close up of glass and I want to make sure I have a good glass material value. What have you found to be good. Thanks.
Specular
Transparent ON
IOR 1.54
RGB Gain ~5

Re: Glass material value?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 am
by winnabago111
I used those values but it comes out too transparent, which was mine own fault cause I didn't specify. I'm making a wine bottle so I want it to be a dark red and not very transparent.

http://subparspokane.files.wordpress.co ... tle_lo.jpg

Re: Glass material value?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:02 am
by Borgleader
Did you model just the outside of the bottle? It needs an actualy thickness (the interior needs to be "empty")

Re: Glass material value?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 am
by winnabago111
Ya i gave it thickness. I fixed it a little, I just cant get that exact look, its kind of around what I want. Its dark but not very reflective, but when I try to get it to look less black it just becomes more transparent.

Re: Glass material value?

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:25 pm
by SmartDen
winnabago111 wrote:Ya i gave it thickness. I fixed it a little, I just cant get that exact look, its kind of around what I want. Its dark but not very reflective, but when I try to get it to look less black it just becomes more transparent.
if it's too transparent raise rgb gain