Page 1 of 2

Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:47 pm
by benn
Download windows installer from:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/plug ... taller.exe

Mac version here:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/plug ... taller.zip

Changes:

* Fixed textures on other drives or network paths
* Fixed bug in akiviri's scene
* Fixed autodetection of the .blender directory

Ben

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 pm
by WytRaven
Thanks Ben

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 pm
by WytRaven
Must note that it is a bit odd to receive a 2.09 blendigo for Mac but no Indigo 2.09 for Mac :shock:

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 am
by Doug Armand
Even odder that there is still no fix for the buggy path problem in 2.0.9! :shock:

c'mon guys I'm back to using the old version - whats going on? as I was told in another post by Ono that a fix would be soon, that was the 30th. :x

What's the definition of soon? Is it like the length of a piece of string? :wink:

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 am
by SmartDen
Doug Armand wrote:Even odder that there is still no fix for the buggy path problem in 2.0.9! :shock:

c'mon guys I'm back to using the old version - whats going on? as I was told in another post by Ono that a fix would be soon, that was the 30th. :x

What's the definition of soon? Is it like the length of a piece of string? :wink:
soon is when Ben finally stop playing around with blendigo and let me do my work ;)

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:07 am
by dakiru
benn wrote:Download windows installer from:
........
Ben
Hi, Ben!

Here what Blendigo tells me when I'm trying to install it:

Image



But, actually, there is no installation package for Blender 2.49a x64 - the latest at this moment:

Image

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:49 am
by Doug Armand
dakiru wrote:But, actually, there is no installation package for Blender 2.49a x64 - the latest at this moment:
I know - you basically point the installer to the /scripts folder of where 'YOU' have installed blender

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:01 am
by Doug Armand
SmartDen wrote: soon is when Ben finally stop playing around with blendigo and let me do my work ;)
OK well from a end user, and a commercial end user at that, point of view guys - FIX THE BUGS FIRST - I don't care about your personal issues! ( well I do - so send them to me via email - preferably with photo's :D )


Seriously this is now commercial software and yet you leave what looks to be like a simple bug for what 7 days (OK maybe 5 working days) and still counting?

I know it's beta but it's a beta your selling end licences to - and that makes it commercial - with the responsiblities that go with that. :evil:

[RANT MODE OFF] :oops:

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:22 am
by SmartDen
Doug Armand wrote:
SmartDen wrote: soon is when Ben finally stop playing around with blendigo and let me do my work ;)
OK well from a end user, and a commercial end user at that, point of view guys - FIX THE BUGS FIRST - I don't care about your personal issues! ( well I do - so send them to me via email - preferably with photo's :D )


Seriously this is now commercial software and yet you leave what looks to be like a simple bug for what 7 days (OK maybe 5 working days) and still counting?

I know it's beta but it's a beta your selling end licences to - and that makes it commercial - with the responsiblities that go with that. :evil:

[RANT MODE OFF] :oops:
there is no personal issues. the beta means you have to count with bugs.
Please, PM or email me the bug you so disturbed by, i'll try to find at least a quick'n'dirty solution, so you can render again :)

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:10 am
by Doug Armand
SmartDen wrote:there is no personal issues. the beta means you have to count with bugs.
Please, PM or email me the bug you so disturbed by, i'll try to find at least a quick'n'dirty solution, so you can render again :)
For the bug - just check out the thread in the Blender forum with the title ' Failed to load texture' as a headline.

And I have to say I am disturbed by your not knowing this, after all it 'IS' in the Blendor forum as a current thread, and also by your almost 'I could care less' attitude. I don't want a 'quick and dirty' fix. How about just putting it back the way it was? It worked before - it doesn't now. :evil:

C'mon guys - you've gone pro. There is a down side to that. That means rapid responses to bugs/errors that you know are your own fault published in a timely fashion.

If you think I'm being hard - wait till your out of beta. :wink:

Am I the only one thinking this?

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am
by benn
Doug - if you deselect default.igs then it will ask you for the path to save your scene to. Is that the bug you were referring to?

This will be better described in the Blender manual.

Yes we are commercial so we are offering the best support we can! We're two guys here, and I appreciate your patience. Feel free to rant as and when needed. ;)

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 pm
by Polinalkrimizei
I guess Doug means the buggy texture path thing that is described in the "Error loading texture" (or similar) forum. Ben, I know you're only two guys atm, but both of you read the forum: you posted replies. Ore are you using bots to show up here? :roll:
Sorry, didn't have time to test if it works in blendigo 2.0.9. But it was a very annoying problem in 2.0.8!

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:57 pm
by Doug Armand
benn wrote:Doug - if you deselect default.igs then it will ask you for the path to save your scene to. Is that the bug you were referring to?

This will be better described in the Blender manual.

Yes we are commercial so we are offering the best support we can! We're two guys here, and I appreciate your patience. Feel free to rant as and when needed. ;)
No that is not the bug - check out the thread titled 'Error: Failed to load texture' in the Blender forum. This is a more serious bug that prevents one from doing any serious work. The fact that your not aware that this is what I was talking about, after I clearly mentioned it in my 'rant', is worrying. :(

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm
by OnoSendai
Hi Doug,
I think the texture path issue on other drives is fixed in Blendigo 2.0.9.
Can you please confirm that Blendigo 2.0.9 installed correctly?
Can you Select 'Render with Indigo' from the Render menu in BLender, then check the version string in the top left of the Blendigo export panel? It should say Blendigo v2.0.9.

Re: Blendigo 2.0.9

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 pm
by ROUBAL
Thank you,

The interface behaviour is better, and this time I had no path problems at all.

I have noticed a warning about a deprecated command in Blender console when exporting with Blendigo 2.0.9 :

Image

I have still not found an autosave folder for png or igi file in indigo 2.0.8. The former "renders" folder has disappeared (anyway it was always empty !)

- Do you plan to include this important feature in next release, or in a close future if not in the next ?

PS: please, may I have my indigo 100 badge ? I know that indigo will not render faster or better with it, but I'll feel less deserted :lol: