Requests for Blendigo 2.0.7?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Borgleader

Re: Requests for Blendigo 2.0.7?

Post by Borgleader » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:24 am

suvakas wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Something such as the blender material preview

And by "real time" I mean it updates in real time.
You do realise, what type of renderer Indigo is, right?
Unless the preview is biased at which point you get a rough estimate "quick" but then youd have to write an entirely new engine :wink:
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:38 am

suvakas wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Something such as the blender material preview

And by "real time" I mean it updates in real time.
You do realise, what type of renderer Indigo is, right?
Wouldn't it be possible a special build of Indigo with hard coded scenes so that they would at least start faster?

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 am

Well, I posted this, but my account was deleted for some reason... :?

Anyways-

Think of it as something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-kBI-oWlE

Except instead of it updating when you change the camera position, It updates when you change one of the material's parameters.
samlavoie.xyz

benn

Post by benn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 pm

It's possible to render the material preview into the blender dialog (instead of seperately through the indigo gui) - but i cant work out where the material preview would go - and i dont think itd be much of an improvement tbh.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Yeah, it's not a huge deal, I just thought it would be a cool thing to see with the indigo exporters..

Anyways... Why was my account deleted? :evil:
samlavoie.xyz

benn

Post by benn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 am

Sorry Godzilla i think I did it accidentally while trying to clean up some spam. :(

How many posts did you have? I can probably reinstate them.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 am

I don't care about my post count it's just the content of my posts that I cared about. :(

Anyways... my post count was 1337... so if you could get it back to that it'd be great... :wink:
samlavoie.xyz

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 am

And, again, it was deleted:

Support for Blender's procedural textures.
samlavoie.xyz

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:40 am

Well, my wishes are not for new features. I'd be happy if I could get Indigo 2.0.6, simply work at least as well as v1.0.9_3 that I have reinstalled because blendigo 1.1.18 and 2.0.6 haven't solved anything.

On the opposite, they have brought more and more problems.

In 2.0.6, Despite what I have read on the forum, the UVTex/uv name problem is still here, Some objects (simple) are refused, some materials (not in grouped objects)are not exported, and now with blendigo 2.0.6, I can't get my renders saved automatically. The renders directory is always empty. The only way I have to save is to save manually, so if I get a crash after many hours, I have nothing done.

You can add that the new blendigo GUI is closed after exporting an you have to reopen each time by searching the script in the menu, which is frequent when you get crashes on crashes like me. And also that the Render in indigo Button doesn't open the file selector... So,as the only way to acces to the files selector seems through the Export Animation button,I have set a 1 frame animation and I got this :

After that, the blendigo script can't be opened without reinstalling blendigo 1.1.18 and then, 2.0.6 again !

The path field in the System panel, seems to have no effect...

If it is not possible to define the render directory, it is a bad thing. I have always separated the software and the data. It helps to keep the application disk clean.

I'd want also to save automatically my rendered images on a location of my choice, because I'm used to work on external disks, for safety and confidentiality reasons (for customers privacy), it allows me to put my data disks in a safe when I'm not at home, without having to duplicate and delete the files each time from the main disk !

In the current situation, I can't work with indigo 2.0.6(because of blendigo)and have to come back to indigo 1.0.9_3 and blendigo 1.0.9 ! The path are defined by hand when you launch blendigo1.0.9.exe, and you can run indigo on whatever disk you want, and it saves automatically your rendered images as well. It even run and save on a USB key!

I can understand that 2.0.6 being commercial it can't run on a USB key because of the software key, but I should be at least able to use it without troubles and save my image. Since I have 2.0.6, I have not been able to render more than the default cube and a previously created scene from which I have had to remove many objects that were not accepted (crash) or not exported.

I'm sorry for this long and negative comment, but I hope that you can understand.

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Do remember that despite indigo 2.x being commercial it is still officially in beta. There will be problems all thought the amount you are having is suggesting that there are problems other than indigo going on somewhere.
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Well, yes, 2.0.6 is still in beta, but for me there is more than a little bug. I think that an automatic path detection is not a good idea, because if it is not 100% reliable, some user can't use the software at all. I think that it is what happens to me. Bugs when exporting materials, and else are also annoying, but a path detection problem prevents the exporter from working!

I have tested it on 3 different computers (one with full license, and two in free limited mode)under Win XP Pro Sp2 and Win Home Sp2, with the same problems.

on the same machines, I have no problem at all with indigo 1.0.9_3 and blendigo 1.0.9, so I think that the problem doesn't come from my computers setup.

I'm not a coder, and I have very few experience in programming. My only experience in coding was in Quick Basic 20 years ago, and I'm null in Python, but the messages I get (not only the one displayed on this page)seems to point deprecated commands and python errors at various lines in the exporter, or the XML (igs) file generated by the exporter.

Some days later :

I'm so tired to install and uninstall... The Output Paths field in blendigo has no effect at all. You can write in whatever you want, blendigo doesn't take it in account !

Please, in the next blendigo release, come back to the manual path system asking to fill in fields when installing !

26 posts