Blendigo for 1.1.18

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
neepneep
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo for 1.1.18

Post by neepneep » Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

Big Fan wrote:also I note you havent had a lot of time over the past year to update Blendigo or fix it and havent been very receptive to requests..
.....?

I'm sure most users will agree that Smartden has done a fantastic job at maintaining Blendigo until now. I don't know where you get this idea that he hasn't been updating it. :?

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:37 pm

your'e kidding right?

smarty's no doubt a good fellow but he's been pretty slow updating Blendigo with the new Indigo stuff...a bit more to go too..

@benn
so anyone can make an exporter for commercial Indigo?
if I choose to update my 1.1.8 Blendigo variant for Blender 2.5 and make it available under GPL to the Blender community people could take it and extend and modify it for use with Indigo 2.0+ without issue from Glare?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Last edited by CTZn on Fri May 08, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu May 07, 2009 3:27 pm

@CTZn you are writing a lot of shit
unless you know the answer to the exporter use question piss off out of the thread.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Cool, I see you are on your way ;)

Yes sir yes !
obsolete asset

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Tbh, I think Smart is doing a pretty good job. His exporter is really simple to use and I never really suffered from the time it took for him to add the new features in.

I'm currently learning C/C++ on my own (finally found a good site) so maybe one day I'll be able to participate in this and help out (I mean...once i got C down python shouldnt be so hard... it has a reputation of being "easy" to learn or so i heard).

Anyway, thanks Smart for all your effort :)

P.S: In the last update you added the feature to grab external materials without actually matching the names inside blender and inside the .igm files. Think you could add an "import material paramters" feature? I'm not sure how much work it would be in terms of coding...if its a lot of work never mind, I just thought it might be a neat feature. Or maybe you could look at suvakas' "secret" carpet thing in his exporter...or did indigo support blender particles while i was gone?

P.P.S: didnt originally mean for it to be that long
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Last edited by CTZn on Fri May 08, 2009 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
obsolete asset

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu May 07, 2009 3:50 pm

sorry not interested in kisses from some queer Frenchman :lol:

run away and play outside :wink:

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 07, 2009 3:52 pm

"Harmless queer", please.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm

End and over.

Sorry to all.
obsolete asset

lycium

Post by lycium » Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm

when is big fan finally going to get banned (for nonstop 24/7 disturbing what little peace remains on this forum)? can we start a petition or something, do it grassroots / democratically?

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Thank you @CTZn...

@lyc We havent heard from you in a while
I thought you were in with @Radiance these days? oh well..

I think the ugly aspect of the disturbance largely comes from some people who are a bit too reactive and unfortunately too ready to be a little naughty in their mouthing off..
I am just making sure I understand the exporter terms and conditions that's all and how the previous free arrangement relates to the new paid for scheme.
My observations about past updating are true - no malice intended
There is a lot of work updating an exporter - I know from experience.
If I'm asking questions that havent been considered before by Glare thats probably a good thing for them.
Some people who are considering buying Indigo + using Blendigo might like to hear about the a known future for the exporter as well.
@stinkie was enquiring about this sort of thing just recently
If people might take a re-released exporter for 1.1.18 and modify it in a way that jeopardises smartdens paid for effort and their doing so also violates some license agreement or rights for Indigo2.0 well of course I wont consider it.
Its not available or in circulation now to my knowledge no worries. ;)
I am not actually intending to do any more work on what I have now
Maybe in another 6 months when 2.5 is out I might refurbish it for my own purposes..dunno..
There may be people out there who would write another Max exporter for example and start charging 100 euro for it
Presently its not too clear how the exporters are tied into Glare or how/if past free stuff can be continued to be used and extended - including the test versions of Indigo itself
I presume all test versions remain free to use inperpetuity with the provision they are not distributed and not used on a render farm...

cheers

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 pm

CTZn wrote:The bigger the fan, the more air is moved.
:lol: right! :lol:
Check normals, dude!

jim_archviz

Post by jim_archviz » Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 pm

benn wrote:The exporter will stay GPL and we will be maintaing blendigo ourselves with the help of SmartDen.
What I understand: SmartDen sold Blendigo to Glare (I do hope he got a nice cheque :wink: ) and will remain the maintainer, or at least a consultant ( I do hope he will get a fair piece of the action :wink: )

Glare decided to keep releasing further versions of Blendigo under the GPL.
Therefore, anyone will be able to do anything to this script as long as they basically release the modified source along.

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Thu May 07, 2009 8:43 pm

jim_archviz wrote:
benn wrote:The exporter will stay GPL and we will be maintaing blendigo ourselves with the help of SmartDen.
What I understand: SmartDen sold Blendigo to Glare (I do hope he got a nice cheque :wink: )
don't gossip what do you know nothing about! actually i got 1 billion dollars and laying right now on the canary's beach. :lol:
Check normals, dude!

51 posts