Problem in Blendigo. Material_Index error (RESOLVED)

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:35 am

Borgleader wrote:you're both correct. i think. doubles are two vertices so close theyre "in the same spot". by removing doubles you turn these two vertices into one. hence removing degenerate triangles in most/all cases.

degenerate triangles which are polygons where the area is 0.
oh, now i get what doubles are (i thought he was talking about two identical polygons :roll: ).

yep, removing "doubles" will remove degenerate tris. but i never understood that warning anyway... if they are so small that they are negligible (area is 0 or very close), why even bother to write that into the log/tell the user?

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:38 am

yes it is correct
I didnt say what degenerate trianlges were
I said the most likely cause for that warning ex blender is that the mesh has doubles which is true :P

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 am

fused wrote:
oh, now i get what doubles are (i thought he was talking about two identical polygons :roll: ).

yep, removing "doubles" will remove degenerate tris. but i never understood that warning anyway... if they are so small that they are negligible (area is 0 or very close), why even bother to write that into the log/tell the user?
Probably because if they weren't being deprecated you'd be taking into account polygons that are completely useless to the rendering process (due to their non-existant size).

Or there might be a division by zero problem in there I dont know. He probably put it since he's altering your scene. Same thing with material definitions or whatnot (old stuff that's not used anymore).
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

18 posts