PLEASE HELP!!!

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
hoodoomoo

PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by hoodoomoo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:43 pm

I just got indigo and i have no idea how to use it, when i export i just get a blurry image that's all gray? Please help, i've looked at the tutorials but all the ones that look like they'll help have dead links!!!

dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:54 pm

how many samples per pixel have you gotten/ how much time have you given? This program renders in multiple passes.
What program are you working in? Can you post a screen shot of your wire frame, including camera and light?
Since you're new you should also familiarize yourself with normals, they make things black if they're pointing inward.

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 pm

welcome @hoodoomoo

we had a site meltdown recently and the tutorials and wiki have not been reinstated yet hence the dead links
I hope ono will fix that in a few more days or so :roll:
Don't despair, it does take a while to learn how to use Indigo anyway
Unfortunately the docs we do have are not that helpful or complete either :oops:

In the meantime you could try posting your first .blend here (zipped) for some kind person in the community like @dmn :D to look at and assist you with getting started.
I guess you are using v1.0.9 of Indigo and Blendigo?

Gog

Post by Gog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 pm

I think dmn has cracked the first point, the way the renderer works you're quite likely to just see noise at first and then it slowly reduces with each pass to a fantastic looking image :). For a final production image I often see rende times in the 20hr+ mark to get the look I want..

hoodoomoo

Post by hoodoomoo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Here is my .blend file, i just did a quick ring like mesh and tried to light it, i tried to put materials on it (in the script section) but i kept giving me errors, and it said i had no light. Can someone edit the .blend, make the ring gold and add photometric lighting to it? I learn best if i see what people have done and i work in reverse to see what does what and so on. Thanks in advance, and i did render 1 image so far that worked, but i want this to work.
Attachments
Ring2.zip
(48.8 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

joegiampaoli

Post by joegiampaoli » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Your gold material (Au.nk) was with small caps, (au.nk) that's why it didn't recognize material, changed to Au.nk

Environment was set to sky, changed to light meshes, deleted sun light scaled light mesh and assigned a ies file.

Screenshot included inside zip.....

Good luck!
Attachments
Ring.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery

6 posts • Page 1 of 1