Need instructions on how to get an .IGM material rendered!!

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
blendermax

Need instructions on how to get an .IGM material rendered!!

Post by blendermax » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I have the latest versions of Blender, Indigo and the Blender exporter.

I've searched the boards and I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to get an .IGM material assigned to an object and rendered without error from Blender to Indigo.

I've gotten error after error. The most recent of which says the material isn't "defined". Can anyone help? I renamed the material to the one cited in the file, but nothing seems to be working. I'd love a quick tutorial, if any one can spare the time.

For example, can anyone give me a step by step walk through on assigning the "GALVANIZED_STEEL.igm" say, to a Suzane (the monkey) model in a fresh scene? Just a quick list of the 6 or so odd steps would be amazing!

Thanks for taking the time to help!!!

phexitol

Post by phexitol » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 pm

It's a lot easier than you think :)

(1) Download and install 7-Zip if you don't already have it.

(2) You should now be able to right-click any file and see the option to extract with 7-Zip. Do so with the Galvanized_Steel.pigm file.
You will see 3 new files:
-> GALVANIZED_STEEL.igm
-> PACKED_0_GALVANIZED.jpg
-> PACKED_1_GALVANIZED_B.jpg

(3) Open GALVANIZED_STEEL.igm in Notepad. Take note of what it says between the <name></name> tags.

(4) You will need to UV-map Suzanne if you haven't already. Name the UV set "default" (it will be named "UVSet" by Blender).

(5) Assign a material to Suzanne, and name it the same as what was found in the <name></name> tags in the IGM file.

(6) Choose "External" as the material type in Blendigo, and browse to the IGM.

(7) Add an object and assign it an emitter material.

(8) Export scene.

blendermax

Post by blendermax » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I did exactly what you said and got the following error:

"The texture 'materials/PACKED_0_GALVANIZED.jpg' could not be bound to uv set name 'default' because that uv set was not exposed in an expose_uv_set element."

An ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've also attached the file.

Thanks for your help!!
Attachments
IGM_material_test.zip
(57.14 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

phexitol

Post by phexitol » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:46 pm

I just downloaded your file, and it is rendering fine here. I wonder if your Indigo has been updated to 1.1.5? and also Blendigo version 1.1.5?

blendermax

Post by blendermax » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:43 am

phexitol

Thanks for your help! I think that is what I was doing wrong. I checked and I am using the latest "Stable" release - 1.0.9. Not 1.1.5.

I'll install the 1.1.5 renderer. But I didn't see a link to Blendigo 1.1.5. Is it still under the "Exporter for 3D Apps" section of this site?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 am

As always, yes ;)
(You can also find the 1.0.9 exporter here. If you want to stay uptodate, check in the forums, not on the DL page...)
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=4348

blendermax

Post by blendermax » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Awesome! It worked in 1.1.5! Thanks a million for all the help guys!!!

MSUdom5

Post by MSUdom5 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:06 am

Where do you set "UV-Set"? I can't find this anywhere in the manual or web. I see UV Texture which is named UVTex by default, but not UVSet.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 am

UVTex is the name of the UVSet?

fgsfds

Post by fgsfds » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Borgleader wrote:UVTex is the name of the UVSet?
Is it? I'm digging this thread up again because I'm getting the same error, and (having looked through all of the threads that mention it) I still can't figure out for the life of me what's going on when I try to use external IGM materials.

In my case, I don't even get a texture name, just:

The texture '' could not be bound to uv set with name 'uv', because that uv set was not exposed in an expose_uv_set element

Now, I can certainly find the "expose_uv_set" elements in my IGI file, and I know how to rename UVTex to something else from within Blender, but where do I find and change the name of the UV set itself? Apparently UVTex isn't it.

I'm using the 1.1.5 versions of both Indigo 1.1.5 and Blendigo, but with Blender 2.45. Is that what's getting me in trouble?

UPDATE: Apparently 2.45 isn't what's getting me in trouble, because I just tried it with 2.46 and got the same error.

palawat

Post by palawat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:17 pm

If you want to rename the uv set (of the external mat) to match yours (from Blender), open the .igm file with NotePad (I use Crimson Editor) and find this;

<uv_set>default</uv_set> and replace "default" with the name you want.

About another error. Loading the texture (that came with .pigm) in UV/Image Editor get rid of that problem (at least for me), not just unwrapped the mesh without having any texture. (You don't need to create a texture slot, just load the texture/image in UV/Image Editor)

Hope this help.
Cheers,

Q9550 2.83 GHz, Geforce 9400 GT, 4 GB ram, XP 32/Vista 64

Richiev

Post by Richiev » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:31 am

I have been trying to render materials from the Material Database for the past two ours or so and am stuck at the error message:

No such uv set 'default' (In element 'model', around line 158, column5)

'default' actually is the name between <uv_set> </uv_set>, but the UV name field in Blender turns red when typing default (or anything else). I UV unwrapped the object to the texture.

I use Blender 2.47rc2, Blendigo 1.1.7, Indigo 1.1.9

Any ideas anyone?

HHS81

Post by HHS81 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:39 am

Hi,

I have the same problem here with Belndigo v 1.1.7-
No such uv set 'default'

Even when I rename it- no chance!

No one with a solution?

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:28 am

The way smartden currently has this set up in Blendigo the uv set name is taken from the F9 mesh panel entry.

Blender has the requirement to name the uv set you want a particular texture to map to in the F5 map input panel.

If you are getting red in that field then the F9 and F5 names are not matching -or more accurately there is no corresponding entry available in F9 for the F5 entry. By Blender default the F9 entry is called UVTex, UVTex.001 etc when you create/unwrap. Type there to rename it. Make sure the F9 and F5 entries correlate.

Please be aware that there are some issues in latest Blendigo with uv sets being written as exposed or not exposed anyway.

HTH
Hopefully smartden will return from holiday soon and update the script
thanks for your patience in the meantime :wink:

14 posts • Page 1 of 1