Blendigo for v1.0.9

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Vanessa07
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: Suisse

Post by Vanessa07 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi Smart

the blended material with null doesn't work with 1.0.9, I tried with 1.0.8 and it works

Thanks :D

pxl666
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by pxl666 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 pm

smarty? ive got a small request - would u consider adding an option for setting global network share for textures - as u cannot select network shares within blender and this would be very useful - regarding rendering on multiple machines which normally requires to copy textures to a render slave. otherwise one has to change paths within .igs file - what in case of heavy scene is very difficult and slow...

hope i made myself clear

cheers m8s

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Post by SmartDen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Vanessa07 wrote:Hi Smart

the blended material with null doesn't work with 1.0.9, I tried with 1.0.8 and it works

Thanks :D
you make something wrong. it works good for me:
Image
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

Vanessa07
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: Suisse

Post by Vanessa07 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Thx I don't understand where I was wrong, it works fine know :?

BbB
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by BbB » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi Smart. What about no bump maps getting exported with Oren-Nayar?

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Post by SmartDen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 am

BbB wrote:Hi Smart. What about no bump maps getting exported with Oren-Nayar?
Oh, sorry, you've right. I don't have seen your posting :)
I have fixed and uploaded blendigo
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

BbB
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by BbB » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:41 am

Cheers Smart. You're the best.

Two other things. No big deal but maybe you could look at them for the next update:

1) The gamma on the exponent map in the phong setting is set at 1 by default. I think it should be 2.2 as most exponent maps don't show any effect with such a low gamma value.

2) The B value in the exponent channel is clamped at a maximum of 10,000. Would it be possible to make this value higher?

Keet it up!

User avatar
Pinko5
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Italy

Post by Pinko5 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am

:D
Luca. ;)

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Post by SmartDen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 pm

BbB wrote:Cheers Smart. You're the best.

Two other things. No big deal but maybe you could look at them for the next update:

1) The gamma on the exponent map in the phong setting is set at 1 by default. I think it should be 2.2 as most exponent maps don't show any effect with such a low gamma value.

2) The B value in the exponent channel is clamped at a maximum of 10,000. Would it be possible to make this value higher?

Keet it up!
next update will be fixed ;)
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

BbB
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by BbB » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Cheers mate. You're a darling.

pxl666
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by pxl666 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:13 pm

once again

smarty? ive got a small request - would u consider adding an option for setting global network share for textures - as u cannot select network shares within blender and this would be very useful - regarding rendering on multiple machines which normally requires to copy textures to a render slave. otherwise one has to change paths within .igs file - what in case of heavy scene is very difficult and slow...

hope i made myself clear

cheers m8s

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Post by SmartDen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:25 pm

pxl666 wrote:once again

smarty? ive got a small request - would u consider adding an option for setting global network share for textures - as u cannot select network shares within blender and this would be very useful - regarding rendering on multiple machines which normally requires to copy textures to a render slave. otherwise one has to change paths within .igs file - what in case of heavy scene is very difficult and slow...

hope i made myself clear

cheers m8s
i don't understand what you mean. let zs talk in irc or in the chat box, so you can explain it me
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

pxl666
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by pxl666 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:09 am

SmartDen wrote:
pxl666 wrote:once again

smarty? ive got a small request - would u consider adding an option for setting global network share for textures - as u cannot select network shares within blender and this would be very useful - regarding rendering on multiple machines which normally requires to copy textures to a render slave. otherwise one has to change paths within .igs file - what in case of heavy scene is very difficult and slow...

hope i made myself clear

cheers m8s
i don't understand what you mean. let zs talk in irc or in the chat box, so you can explain it me
oh i didnt notice chat request - i'll explain :

i use indigo on my home network - i dont want to copy textures on my slave machines so i used this script:
start /belownormal /d \\Pxl666dell\dell_share3_data\data\works3d\INDIGO\indigo_v1.0.9_3\indigo_v1.0.9_3 indigo_console.exe "default.igs" -t 2 -n s -h pxl666DELL:7777

and it would start indigo on local machine (slave) from remote machine (master) without copying any files (not even indigo) - this script worked wonderfully until i installed newest indigo and blendigo...

i dont know what happened but i figured that the key is to set network share paths so indigo would search within them instead of absolute or relative paths.
so i would map texture directory on my master machine as i.e:
\\Pxl666dell\dell_share3_data\data\works3d\textures
and map this directory within blendigo so indigo (from any of slave machines) would look for it and load texture from network share.

this is because i can't set network share within blender and i would have to type it manually within blendigo or alter igs file by hand - both are pretty painful and slow

of course if u can see any other solution for this - ure more than welcome!

User avatar
SmartDen
Developer
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Canary Islands
Contact:

Post by SmartDen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am

just link you network share folder as a drive on the remote machine and - voila you can set share paths in blender and so in blendigo and indigo too ;)
P.S. hope this will help, because i couldn't test it
Check normals, dude!

Image
Image

pxl666
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by pxl666 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:13 am

SmartDen wrote:just link you network share folder as a drive on the remote machine
but how can this be done?

Post Reply
93 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests