Page 1 of 1
Problem with transparency
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:02 am
by gato
Hi, i have this problem with a tree texture. I want to make transparency in the shadows but this is the result
the textures i am using are below.
I attached my .blend file, it use blendigo 0.9 test 6 with blendigo export
Thanks and sorry for my english.
p.d.: i have read the grass tutorial...
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 am
by SmartDen
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:51 am
by gato
Thanks! It works!
But, it´s important have bidir on? or it´s the same for the exteriors?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:49 am
by SimonLarsen
gato wrote:But, it´s important have bidir on? or it´s the same for the exteriors?
Bidir is not "important" at all. It just speeds of some renders, mostly interiors and caustics-stuff.
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:36 pm
by gato
Then bidir it affects to speed but no to the result, true?
Thanks!
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 am
by Kram1032
yeah, that's what it's supposed to do, but as you found out, yourself, there are some bugs with BiDir... Usually, you can (and most times SHOULD) use it, but you found one of the exceptions: alpha map shadows don't work correctly
exit portals work slightly different - at least, if you make something unexpected and
SSS currently has bugs with HIGH scattering values, which will be fixed in next release
(Did I forget any known BiDir bug?)
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:05 am
by gato
I understand it. I will wait for the new release to push my bidir button
a bit of offtopic: do yo know when Ono launch 64 bits version with EXR??

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:20 am
by OnoSendai
Actually the first image isn't a bug, so much as a case of slow convergence.
Someday I'll get around to making such difficult paths (light -> null -> diffuse -> null -> camera) faster.
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:44 am
by gato
Thanks Ono!!! You work is great!!!
It´s posible a 64 bits version with EXR???
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:03 am
by OnoSendai
Hi, yes, eventually I hope to do a 64 bit version with OpenEXR.
The problem is that OpenEXR is rather hard to compile for 64 bit.
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:24 am
by gato
I understand you, Ono.
I wait for this build!!!
I have make a render in vista 64 bits, 800x600, with 64 bits build of Indigo, it take only 2 hours in make a really clean render. My processor is a simply amd64 3200+ without overclocking.
It gives shame me upload thats render,

it´s my first test of a apartaments

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:09 am
by andras85
Hi! I checked this .blend file. Can You Help me? I dont understand it. Why can I use "arbol" Material and why is a small plane too under the ground?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 am
by Kram1032
why is it bad that you can use the arbol material?
which blend do you mean?
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 am
by andras85
sorry ...(blend)Blender file what you attach this discussion. I dont understand this whole Scene. Can you recommend a tutorial for this...gow did you do? I saw the grass tutorial whit Indigo , but that is not same with this example (because there I must rewrite the XML file).
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:07 am
by Kram1032
Uhm, I can't help me, but except a linked topic, there's NO link (neither DL nor anything else) in this thread... Am I blind or are you in the wrong thread or what?
(I hope, that doesn't sound rude....

)
Edit: checked the other thread - there also is no DL thingy...
