Indigo 9s (stable) Blender 245 Exporter Here

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Wedge

Indigo 9s (stable) Blender 245 Exporter Here

Post by Wedge » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 am

Found some time to update the exporter. This one is based on the last two I have worked with (for Indigo 07 and 08, thanks again to everyone for their support in these projects!), which were based on 'current dev version' from the wiki. (version 6t6b1, I think) Here is the updated exporter for Indigo 9s (stable) and Blender 245. Enjoy! :)

History:
* added: halt samples per pixel
* added: shutter speed
* added: extra atmospheric
* added: textured emitters
* added: atmosphere medium type
* added: exit portals
* altered: diffuse and diffuse_transmitter material (albedo spectrum)
* altered: phong material (diffuse albedo spectrum)
* altered: rgb spectrum (gamma)
* altered: rolled back to matrix from exporter version 6t6b1
* bugfix: exit portal
* bugfix: layers (two different bugs)
* added: camera tonemapping (film iso, exposure value)
* added: layer exporting feature, mesh data now exports into layer files (materials, meshlights, and render settings stay in original file)
* added: material error checking to help users find incorrectly configured material or objects missing material
* added: watermark feature
* altered: tonemap defaults to work better with shutter speed
* altered: digit accuracy for Blender 245 (appears that 245 allows one more digit to right of decimal point)
* altered: large mesh support, test showed that a 1 million verts/faces uvsphere exported ok
* removed: separate mesh and separate meshlight features
* removed: thread number, polarisation, and camera tonemapping
* removed: max num consec rejections
* removed: default material and ground plane

Added a note in directions reminding you to set your DOF in Blender. Indigo with throw an error if you leave it at 0, even if you are using autofocus.

Thanks to BigFan for his chain igs thread in request forum, all of his testing, and brainstorming with me about layer exporting.

This version of exporter will no longer be updated. Thanks for all support! :)
Attachments
Indigo9s_Export162.zip
Exporter and Directions for Indigo and Blender
(12.28 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Last edited by Wedge on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 am

hehehe, I was wondering why you hadn't uploaded yours Wedge! ;)

Great for testing and comparative purposes! Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Alvaro
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

johanjohan

Post by johanjohan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:53 am

Hi Wedge!
Thank you very much :D

but I have a bug with exporter9t3.. (but not with 0.8t3 export 1.36.. with 0.8t3 1.45 I have a bug :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 770, in gui
File "<string>", line 611, in saveOne
File "<string>", line 475, in save_indigo
File "<string>", line 193, in exportMaterial
IndexError: list index out of range

with 0.9t3 I have a bug :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 826, in gui
File "<string>", line 523, in save_indigo
File "<string>", line 199, in exportMaterial
IndexError: list index out of range

thanks
Johan

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 pm

The materials were redone at about the time you started seeing the bug. Best thing to do when you create a material is clear any enabled buttons for that material. By buttons I mean: ray transparent, NMap TS, shadow, transpshadow, subsurface scattering, NOMIST, FULLOSA, SHADELESS, RADIO, and ENV.

These buttons are used to tell the exporter to export different types of materials and leaving them on for a blend material (for example) by accident will cause an error because it looks for data in the name of your material that is not there. Have a look in the directions for which buttons enable which material types. But basically no buttons means it is a diffuse material. (or a phong if you have spec > 0)

And by default new materials have buttons enabled that cause these errors. So I advise that these buttons should be disabled and then you decide which to enable for the type of material you are going to create. :)
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

blendergat

Post by blendergat » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:04 pm

Hey! Thanks for the exporter!

But I have some problems actually just one major problem, I export everything fine, but when Indigo begins to render Windows is give me a message that it stopped responding and if I want to send an error report. I being getting this for every build of Indigo and for every exporter too. The sketch indigo exporter is working perfectly for me, but from blender it just keeps crashing. Any suggestions.? thank you!

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:15 am

It sounds like that if you get this error with multiple versions of Blender exporters and Indigo, that there is an object or item in your scene that is not supported.

If it were my scene I would narrow down the objects, keep splitting the scene in half to see if one half works and try to find which item causes the crash.

That's my guess. I hope it helps you in some way. :)

blendergat

Post by blendergat » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Yep, thats what I thought too, so I made a simple scene with just a cube in it. I assigned a material to it, I had a lamp and a camera. But no luck it crashed.

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 am

Updated with new version. As noted above you should see a warning that script was written for Blender 245. It should work fine on Blender 244. Details listed in first post.

Enjoy! :)

Edit: Found bug in layer exporting and fixed it. Version 1.56 posted.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey Wedge,

Got a question for you: How does film ISO and exposure work in the Blender exporter? Do you somehow convert these numbers to linear tonemapping or what? Has this been properly calibrated or did someone just fudge something together?

Also, I did a couple of tests (hand edited XML) with different shutter speeds using Reinhard and Linear tonemapping and I could not notice any difference. Have you found this as well? Shutter speed has not been documented anywhere so I might be doing something wrong.

Thx,
Whaat

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:13 pm

Hi Whaat, camera tonemapping is in one of Indigo's testscenes.

Shutter speed is also in one of the testscenes, I thought when I tested that it worked fine. I found when I did not use it Indigo showed in the gui that it defaulted to .300 or something.

Let me have a quick look again and get right back to you. :)

Edit: Ok, Whaat, I have some answers. Exposure duration (shutter speed) and camera tonemapping code is found in phong test scene. If you do not use exposure duration and you load a scene, Indigo says it is defaulted to 0.033333. I tested shutter speed with camera as tonemapping and it works. Also tested film iso and it works too. Are you using the right code? Check out this script for the code tags if you are unsure. (or in Indigo's test scenes)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:05 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHH!!!!! Camera Tonemapping!!!!!!!????? WTF???? Since when????? Where is this documented? What version of Indigo first had this feature? I have been an exporter writer since January and I didn't know about this! We need more documentation!!!!!! This is rediculous... :x :x

Thanks for the help Wedge...

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi Whaat, shutter speed was listed in the changelog as being added in Indigo 9t1.

Not sure where camera tonemapping came in. I saw it in phong test scene and then tried it. When I saw that it worked I decided to add it to exporter. Ono usually writes code examples in the first post of his new release threads, but I think when the forum crashed and the post was lost (for version .9), he did not write the examples again. I usually copy and paste his code examples to a notepad file so I can update the exporter. I did not get the version .9 code examples, but I am pretty sure I saw them. It was tough for me to update the exporter without his code examples, so I look to the test scene files, manual, or forum for information. It takes a lot longer this way but it gets the job done.

I hope our users understand that research and developement happens quite a lot with the exporters and takes a lot of time to do. :)

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Heh...
The reason you don't know about camera tonemapping Whaat, is that it isn't finished and 'officially' released. The main point of camera tonemapping is that it will be callibrated with real digital cameras, and that callibration hasn't been done yet. So actually, Wedge, I would prefer if you leave it out for now.

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:46 pm

I'll chip in here too although I am really more of a low life hacker than developer :D
Since I started trying to make the SW blendigo variant it has been a lot of work esp being an inexperienced person and grappling with code I didn't conceive of. Its tough going making something functional while I am learning as I go. :shock:
I agree it is not easy to keep up with developments and what is working or not, or finished or not, let alone get it all in there.
I am sure I have missed some stuff...
I am finding the clues/notes ono supplies are marginal in some cases and the supplied examples are a mixed bunch if you want to refer to them because quite a few are outdated or seemingly cross version hybrids.
BTW Thanks for telling me the phong example has shutter in it :? :roll:
As much as ono doesn't like a paper trail inhibiting his creative genius I think he needs to spend some time documenting things a little better 8)

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Updated for Indigo 9t6. Enjoy! :)

28 posts