DEV-thread - Blendigo v0.8 - material-editor-exporter

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
joegiampaoli

Post by joegiampaoli » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 pm

soxofaan:
Yep, blender also crashed there. Maybe python related, because did not happen with older blender versions.
Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:19 am

i figured out that Blender crashes every time after exporting you try to export fluid. I've tried to export fluid to 3ds and it crashed. I think it's bug of Blender or Python. Sorry guys, but i can't do anything with it. But maybe i found a workaround for this problem.

Happy Blendigoing ;)

kadajawi

Post by kadajawi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:08 am

Looks cool, dunno if it has been asked before, but is it possible to make your material editor external? So that any Indigo user, no matter what he uses, can use it? Would be cool :)

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:41 am

it's not blender question :) there is somewhere a thread where it will be discussed.

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:49 am

and there is a material-editor in development ;)
there is a thread, somewhere.

lil_kreen

Post by lil_kreen » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 pm

I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere but blendigo seems to ignore blender's setting for whether or not to attach the material data block to the mesh or the object. If I have it set to object with the mesh empty it will just display the blank grey default for the faces concerned. It seems odd that blendigo wouldn't check for such a thing.

zuegs

Post by zuegs » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:23 pm

@lil_kreen: yes, material attachment setting is ignored. This is something for the ToDo list. Thanks

Gog

Post by Gog » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:50 am

Great work zeugs, just caught mysef going in a dumb circle - loaded a scene tried to run blendigo 0.8 - error, checked for all the usual dumb errors, different blendigo versions, different file versions and then finally found it - with no object selected when you first run the script blendigo errors out with a 'NameError: global name 'activeObjectMat0' is not defined'. Hadn't crossed it any time before because I've usually tweaked something or checked a setting before going to blendigo, this time I just went straight to the script.

So only a minor one but might be worth a script tweak at some point in the future so that the script initialises ok?

98 posts