probleme ocured in this scene

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
sam mcfly

probleme ocured in this scene

Post by sam mcfly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:26 am

Hey, i'm new in blender and indigo.

In my scene i use a blend material (water+null) to simulate some splash.

When i try to render it, i had this error.

A problem occurred with the scene:
Scene parsing error: Error while parsing blend material: No such material defined 'splash'. (In element 'scene / material / blend'):
<blend>
<b_name>blendigo_null</b_name>
<blend>
<texture>
<texture_index>0...

How can i fix it?

Thanks, Sam.

thesquirell

Re: probleme ocured in this scene

Post by thesquirell » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 am

If your water material is specular, then your error might come from the fact that you can't mix two delta materials, such as: null+specular/null+null/specular+specular. This is what I get when trying to mix these two types within C4D: "ERROR: Error while building scene: Error while loading blend material 'Indigo Material': Blend Material Error: both materials 'a' and 'b' are delta materials (specular or null), and the internal media differ...".

sam mcfly

Post by sam mcfly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The water material is an external mat download from indigo's website ( Liquids: Pool Water ).

So i can't fix it? because if i use phong or diffuse mat, it looks so unrealistic...

Thanks, Sam.

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:05 am

Well, if you can't fix it, you can work around it! Not that long ago, FakeShamus made an awesome material, you can find it here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1336

Maybe his workflow, and creation can help you out a bit? Seems like a mix of a specular material type and phong works really well in his case. If you really, really need a transparent material mix, all I can offer you right now is to try blending specular and glossy transparent material types. This splash right here seems like a mix of those two, or even just a glossy transparent one, with variable exponent values: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/ ... itPunk.jpg

4 posts • Page 1 of 1