exr-background export settings in blendigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
steven369

exr-background export settings in blendigo

Post by steven369 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 am

Hello,

is there someone, who knows where to set the .exr or .hdr background
in blendigo. At the moment I have to set it in indigo manually, which is quite painful.
I remember it was easy in the good old blender 2.49 exporter, though....

glad for any help!

Stephan

steven369

Re: exr-background export settings in blendigo

Post by steven369 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 am

:o Think I found it. Just go to the texture-tab and select 'world'.
Then click 'add' and set type to 'environment map', might not work for the RT-Version,
for there is no light-layer support....
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-28 um 17.15.43.png

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey steven, just add a hemi light source and go to the light tab. Change type to env-map and select the hdr, you might also play with gain/put it on a layer Rotate the hemi light to rotate the env-map until it fits your needs.
And to the devs: The latter requires quite some trial and error, is there a better solution in sight to rotate the env-map directly in blender?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Polinalkrimizei wrote: And to the devs: The latter requires quite some trial and error, is there a better solution in sight to rotate the env-map directly in blender?
I quite like that method of rotating the env. map, it's very precise. If your environment maps are all consistently aligned, it's quite easy to position things like the sun, etc. Not sure how else you would do it?

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:07 am

Yeah, the rotation itself is perfect and very intuitive. What I'd like is some visual feedback about the orientation of the actual picture. Usually I do some renders with different rotation of the env map each time, and when I like the position of the shadows etc., I know I have the rotation I want. Is there a way to actually see the map in your blender scene, so you can better estimate the position of the sun/main light source etc... ? But I guess this will always need some manual fine tuning, and you are right that the chosen method is quite precise and easy for that.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1