I can't get Indigo 3.6.28 to start because of "Clay"???

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
scatman

I can't get Indigo 3.6.28 to start because of "Clay"???

Post by scatman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:58 am

here's the error message:
No module named indigo.export.materials.Clay

but I don't have any materials named "Clay". I'm trying to render a Windows logo made of glass with a diffuse floor underneath (for caustics)...no clay materials in my scene.

help please,
scatman

scatman

Re: I can't get Indigo 3.6.28 to start because of "Clay"???

Post by scatman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:54 am

UPDATE...new error message:

"A problem occurred with the scene:
Scene parsing error: Error while parsing coating material: No such material defined ''. (In element 'coating', around line 129, column 9)
Indigo version: Indigo Renderer v3.6.28, Windows 64-bit build.
No metadata."

The error message above appears now that I've moved the indigo file (that was created when Blendigo was installed) from it's original folder named "2.69" into the "2.72" folder that was created when I installed Blender itself.

I'm gonna redo the Indigo 3.6.28 installation. Maybe this time I'll get it right.

scatman
***********************************************************************************
Update2: Still no dice.
I uninstalled Indigo (and thus Blendigo) and reinstalled according to the directions. At first Indigo wasn't available to use in blender (couldn't select Blendigo in the Blender User Preferences and couldn't select Indigo from the list of renderers) because, by default, Indigo installs creating a "2.69" folder inside of the already installed Blender folder. So I cut the "Indigo" folder from "2.69" and pasted it into the "2.72\scripts\addons folder. Now I can select Indigo from the list of renderers, but the same error message persists. :?

help,
scatman

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:38 am

Do you use a up to date Blender Exporter with a stone old Indigo Version?!

Try using Indigo 3.8.15: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13295
polygonmanufaktur.de

scatman

Post by scatman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:26 am

Thanks for responding, ZOM-B. I thought I posted another update last night, but I don't see it on the forum???

Anyway, I somehow got Blender 2.72 and Indigo 3.6.28 64bit (and whatever version of Blendigo that comes with it) to work yesterday, but I don't have a clue why it work's fine now. I do know that on the 2nd try to get Indigo working, I just started with a simple render of a cube...every since then Indigo has been working just as smooth as ever. :o

scatman

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:02 am

Zom-B wrote:Do you use a up to date Blender Exporter with a stone old Indigo Version?!

Try using Indigo 3.8.15: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13295
I still have a spare copy of the old Indigo version for farm rendering.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 am

scatman wrote:Update2: Still no dice.
I uninstalled Indigo (and thus Blendigo) and reinstalled according to the directions. At first Indigo wasn't available to use in blender (couldn't select Blendigo in the Blender User Preferences and couldn't select Indigo from the list of renderers) because, by default, Indigo installs creating a "2.69" folder inside of the already installed Blender folder. So I cut the "Indigo" folder from "2.69" and pasted it into the "2.72\scripts\addons folder. Now I can select Indigo from the list of renderers, but the same error message persists. :?
If somehow possible, and you are not in the need of Renderfarms for your project, go with the latest beta from Indigo, it includes also the latests Blender Exporter, that get much development love over the last months!
Maybe your issue is already fixed...
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13295

I'm not on Blender but suggest you double check the installation manaual: http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... stallation
polygonmanufaktur.de

6 posts • Page 1 of 1