Animation BUG (export) ?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
dafassi

Animation BUG (export) ?

Post by dafassi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 am

Hi,
how do i render an animation?

I thought setting up the path in the "output-tab" would tell indigo where to save rendered franes.
But when i hit the animation-render button Blender saves all animation frames in a few seconds (nearly realtime) to the specified output. And AFTER that indigo starts to render all the frames, but - where are them saved? The fast-saved-images are just black files with the file name i configured :/.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Animation BUG (export) ?

Post by StompinTom » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:33 am

Er... yeah, that's a good one. AFAIR, it saves a blank frame and then goes and overwrites it, but I have had it also save the rendered frames somewhere else, despite saving all the blank frames at the beginning... A bit confused by this behaviour, I hope to get a bit of time to look at the Blendigo side of things...

dafassi

Post by dafassi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:34 am

Allright- thes means i cant test rendering animations with indigo yet`?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:34 am

I think it means that the rendered frames are saved indeed but somewhere else on disk. Try searching *.png on your system with a date condition (ie today).
obsolete asset

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:39 am

This was also confusing to me, had to figure it out last week. You can find them if you look at indigo's render queue while the animation is rendering. There will be a list of the individual scenes that are being worked on and where they are stored. the renders should be in the same folder

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:03 pm

I've done some animations without problems, but I forget where it saves the actual frames. It's in one of the same folders. Again, I'd have to take a look at the Blendigo code to see exactly what's going on.

dafassi

Post by dafassi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 pm

I found something here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:15 am

Ah, since you chewed it for me, Indigo standalone defaults to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\roaming\Indigo Renderer\renders

Off the top of my head that is :)
obsolete asset

fbrunell

Post by fbrunell » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Blendigo uses the "Output" path that you select. Blender does create a file names "xxxxx.yyy" for each frame where xxxxx is the frame number and yyy the file extension you selected in Blender.

Blendigo will actually use the filename of you scene as a prefix and add the frame number at the end in the same directory...

At least, that's how it does work for me.

P.S. Though it could be usefull for futur references...

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:31 pm

fbrunell wrote:Blendigo uses the "Output" path that you select. Blender does create a file names "xxxxx.yyy" for each frame where xxxxx is the frame number and yyy the file extension you selected in Blender.

Blendigo will actually use the filename of you scene as a prefix and add the frame number at the end in the same directory...

At least, that's how it does work for me.

P.S. Though it could be usefull for futur references...
I ran into this as well when I was looking into various blender related issues and found it a little unintuitive.

From the next version on, the path in the "Output" section will be primarily used for the image file output (with the # characters working as intended).

I also introduced a "Use output directory for .igs files" checkbox (enabled by default) and a "Scene (.igs) export path" (used when the checkbox is disabled) that lets you specify the directory/name for exported .igs files (also allowing the usage of # characters for frame numbers like the blender output path).
export_path.PNG

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:55 am

fused wrote:I ran into this as well when I was looking into various blender related issues and found it a little unintuitive.

From the next version on, the path in the "Output" section will be primarily used for the image file output (with the # characters working as intended).

I also introduced a "Use output directory for .igs files" checkbox (enabled by default) and a "Scene (.igs) export path" (used when the checkbox is disabled) that lets you specify the directory/name for exported .igs files (also allowing the usage of # characters for frame numbers like the blender output path).
export_path.PNG
That's a great idea, flexibility when needed. I think the more options there are, the better, and they can be hidden under 'Advanced' tabs to reduce clutter, if needed.

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Wed May 28, 2014 4:12 am

FakeShamus wrote:This was also confusing to me, had to figure it out last week. You can find them if you look at indigo's render queue while the animation is rendering. There will be a list of the individual scenes that are being worked on and where they are stored. the renders should be in the same folder
So yea... this caught me by surprise as well. My animation renders were located in

/private/var/folders/zl/zhq7_1hd6rbcmlt2mm143zph0000gn/T/RFM.Scene.00061.png

Not particularly easy to find...

12 posts • Page 1 of 1