Blendigo (for Blender 2.63) 3.2.14.2

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Blendigo (for Blender 2.63) 3.2.14.2

DOWNLOADS

ALL PLATFORMS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... 2.14.2.zip

WINDOWS INSTALLER: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

Changes in this release:

--------
* Mesh export is a lot faster (~3x faster)
* Changed the way UVs are exported.
* Indigo 3.4.6 is now required.

NOTE: This exporter REQUIRES Blender version 2.63

MANUAL INSTALLATION

Unzip the archive. Move the extracted indigo folder into your Blender addons folder.
You should end up with <blender scripts>/addons/indigo/

Run Blender 2.63, go into User Preferences/Addons, and find the Render section. Locate the Blendigo entry and enable the addon by clicking the little checkbox on the right.

INSTALLATION VIA BLENDER

Run Blender 2.63, go into User Preferences/Addons. Click the "Install Addon" button and choose the blendigo-2.6-3.2.14.2.zip file. The addon will be installed and shown to you, ready for activation.

If you are upgrading, be sure to choose the "Overwrite" option when selecting the .zip file.

You can easily check the installed version in the Addons panel. After upgrading/replacing Blender must be restarted (since the scripts are compiled at startup).

HINTS

Save your User Settings now to make Blendigo activate every time you start Blender 2.63.

Non-windows users will have to also fill in the "Path to Indigo" setting in the "Indigo Render Engine Settings" panel. (Windows does this automatically from the information provided by the installer). Note that you should specify the installation directory (or Indigo.app on OS X) for this setting.

YOUR FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

As with the current efforts to get Indigo 3.x as complete and user-friendly as possible, please please keep reporting any issues you find with Blendigo - it is your feedback as users and artists alone that push Blendigo forward into being the software that works for you.

Special thanks to Doug Hammond (dougal2) for his fantastic work on Blendigo as the previous maintainer!

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Re: Blendigo (for Blender 2.63) 3.2.14.2

Post by Silmä » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Shouldn't the version number of this thing mirror the version number of indigo required? I for one have been living in a delusion that the 3.2. series of blendigo doesn't really support the 3.4. series of indigo until I opened this post and read it more carefully...

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 pm

I still have some problems with environment map. Since I have to use a hemi for setting a environment map, I cant find any mapping type like "lat-long" or "spherical". The problem is that when Im using the "preview_map.float" environment map from material editor in my own scene, the position of the map is totally different from the material editor.
Can you confirm this? I also noticed that environment maps are exportet as <background_settings> <background_material> in the exportet igs file but in the matpreviewscene its a <env_map> setting.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Silmä wrote:Shouldn't the version number of this thing mirror the version number of indigo required? I for one have been living in a delusion that the 3.2. series of blendigo doesn't really support the 3.4. series of indigo until I opened this post and read it more carefully...
It is always safer to use a newer version of Indigo than an older, for a given exporter version number. Indigo provides backwards compatibility.
obsolete asset

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Post by Silmä » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 am

At one point I got an error message from blendigo saying "unsupported indigo version" and failing the export even when I had the latest indigo. But I guess that's fixed now.

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 am

Great work ! Thank you very much ! It exports really much faster. :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:52 am

Silmä: Right, the limitation can come from the exporter :/

ROUBAL: we love to read that !
obsolete asset

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 am

Uuuuuh... you did *something* to it!

Scene that exported in 90-100 seconds now exports in 17 seconds. Not bad!

One thing: Blender always switches back to Blender Internal when you open a scene. It didn't do that before, so maybe something got bumped somewhere? I.e. when you opened a scene that you were using Indigo with, the renderer was switched to Indigo, as it should. Now it reverts to BI.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:07 am

StompinTom wrote:Uuuuuh... you did *something* to it!

Scene that exported in 90-100 seconds now exports in 17 seconds. Not bad!

One thing: Blender always switches back to Blender Internal when you open a scene. It didn't do that before, so maybe something got bumped somewhere? I.e. when you opened a scene that you were using Indigo with, the renderer was switched to Indigo, as it should. Now it reverts to BI.
Seems I've spoken much too soon.

Linked groups / objects don't seem to export. Particle systems don't seem to export properly...

Something seems to be broken with .igmesh export as well, I will try to post a screen grab soon.

EDIT: Unfortunately, because of time constraints, I've just reverted to the previous Blendigo version. Hopefully I will have some time to test the newer version soon...

EDIT2: Gah. Disaster. The previous version (3.2.14.1) doesn't export instances.

EDIT3: As per my frantic emails, I will avoid the two latest Blendigos until I get some stuff out the door. One copy of Blender is not rendering at all now, though it may have been a dirty uninstall. The rest seems to be working fine again.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1