Blendigo (for Blender 2.63) 3.2.14.0

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo (for Blender 2.63) 3.2.14.0

Post by ROUBAL » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 am

Of course, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We just need to make sure we track down the reasons why it doesn't work so it can be fixed.
Of course. indigo is a great renderer. Its gallery speaks for itself, and it is the reason why I would really like to use it, but I always have complex models with lot of details in my scenes, and each time I attempt to use indigo (and so Blendigo) I come into troubles.

My current work is a kind of sequel of my previous Londonian project. I want to enlarge the set and create some scenes including english architecture and vehicles :

http://3d-synthesis.com/47-BlendertonHotel.html

Currently, I get good results with Octane for still pictures, but when will come the time of animation, It will become difficult, so indigo could save me as I want to keep a realistic style...

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 am

Hi ROUBAL,
Just taking a look at the problem now with your scene.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:12 am

Hi Roubal,
Thanks for the bug report.
I have made a new release which fixes the issue (and hopefully doesn't break anything else):
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=11840

Cheers,
nick

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 am

Thank you very much for the fast reaction !

I have just tested the new Blendigo release on my full Routemaster model file. It exported fine without error message.

However, i am still not able to render in indigo. When loading in indigo, i get this kind of messages :

Error; Scene parsing error : Error while binding material 'Numbers' to geometry 'stairs_29':No such material defined 'Numbers'.

It appears that I have created some alternative materials to some objects. These materials are intended for further details, and are not yet assigned to some vertex/faces. I think that I have to delete all these materials.

EDIT :

I have deleted all unused material, and now I get the error message shown on the provided screenshot.

Any idea about the meaning ?

As it is now a message delivered by indigo itself instead of the exporter, Maybe I should report in an other topic ?
Attachments
IndigoTest_01.jpg

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:07 pm

ROUBAL wrote:Thank you very much for the fast reaction !

I have just tested the new Blendigo release on my full Routemaster model file. It exported fine without error message.

However, i am still not able to render in indigo. When loading in indigo, i get this kind of messages :

Error; Scene parsing error : Error while binding material 'Numbers' to geometry 'stairs_29':No such material defined 'Numbers'.

It appears that I have created some alternative materials to some objects. These materials are intended for further details, and are not yet assigned to some vertex/faces. I think that I have to delete all these materials.

EDIT :

I have deleted all unused material, and now I get the error message shown on the provided screenshot.

Any idea about the meaning ?

As it is now a message delivered by indigo itself instead of the exporter, Maybe I should report in an other topic ?
Strange, because usually unused materials get exported fine, I use them all the time... I haven't tried Nick's updated exporter yet, but will try to take it for a spin soon.

Glad to hear at least some of the problems have been solved!

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 pm

I did other trial export/render and confirm that unused materials are a problem. Not in the exporter, but in indigo itself where they give blocking error messages.

It is really a problem, mainly because the first unused material stops the loading process and so the other messages if there are some.

So you have to reload the scene after fixing each problem and find an other message for an other material or an other trouble each time you reload the scene, instead of being able to fix them in a row and reload the scene once every problems are fixed !

IMHO, unused materials should be simply ignored (they are not a problem in Octane).

I thought I would gain time by creating materials in advance for some details I planned to add later. In fact, I wasted much time deleting them, as I didn't remember exactly in which objets some of them were !

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 am

Been there mate. It's probably the most annoying bug of all. :x

67 posts