Developer

Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.10.0

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 am

DOWNLOADS

ALL PLATFORMS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... 2.10.0.zip

WINDOWS INSTALLER: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

NOTE: This exporter REQUIRES Blender version 2.62

Changes in this release:
* Correctly check for valid lighting when the only emitters are object particles
* Add exponent to emission scale value and make val/exp property labels consistent
* Allow per-instance materials by re-writing mesh names with material slot names
* remove mn_cubic splat filter radius
* Update indigo install path and output path to suit local machine when loading blend files from other machines
* Fix exporting igmeshes when a material slot is assigned and not used
* Fix model export in quat rotation mode
* Resolved issue with non-uniform scaling and rotation/scale matrix manipulation
* make default render mode plain bidir; add new bidir+mlt preset
* change default sky model to captured-simulation
* remove sharp filter from splat choices; sharp not designed for splatting

MANUAL INSTALLATION

Unzip the archive. Move the extracted indigo folder into your Blender addons folder.
You should end up with <blender scripts>/addons/indigo/

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons, and find the Render section. Locate the Blendigo entry
and enable the addon by clicking the little checkbox on the right.

INSTALLATION VIA BLENDER

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons. Click the "Install Addon" button and choose the blendigo-2.5-3.2.10.0.zip file. The addon will be installed and shown to you, ready for activation.

If you are upgrading, be sure to choose the "Overwrite" option when selecting the .zip file.

You can easily check the installed version in the Addons panel. After upgrading/replacing I would strongly recommend restarting blender.

HINTS

Save your User Settings now to make Blendigo activate every time you start Blender 2.6.

Non-windows users will have to also fill in the "Path to Indigo" setting in the "Indigo Render Engine Settings"
panel. (Windows does this automatically from the information provided by the installer). Note that you should
specify the installation directory (or Indigo.app on OSX) for this setting.

YOUR FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

As with the current efforts to get Indigo 3.x as complete and user-friendly as possible,
please please keep reporting any issues you find with Blendigo - it is your feedback as
users and artists alone that push Blendigo forward into being the software that works for you.

dougal2
Developer

Re: Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.10.0

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:15 am

Personal announcement;

After the next stable Indigo release, I will no longer be maintaining Blendigo for Glare.

This is because I've changed from being self-employed to full-time employed for a company as a Software Developer. As such, I can no longer guarantee my time to Glare for development of Blendigo and it is fairer for everyone if I simply pass on the responsibility to another developer.

I will be working with Glare during the hand-over period to ensure that whoever continues development has a good enough understanding of the Blendigo code to be able to maintain it and produce releases.

It's been great working for Glare and with the users here, you've been exceptional at providing decent bug reports and feedback for improvements to Blendigo :)

I'll still pop in from time to time :D

Cheers,
Doug Hammond

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:23 am

hey man, thank you so much for all the hard work! good luck with the new digs.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:27 am

You rock Doug, be well.
obsolete asset

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:58 am

Congratulations on your new job and good luck. I hope life takes you were you want to go and beyond!

Thanks you for your great work on Blendigo! Kudos for sticking it out through the difficult transition from Blender 2.4x to 2.5x. It must have been a frustrating experience rewriting code over and over again because the python API had changed yet again. That took perseverance an tenacity! Your hard work has paid of by Blendigo being beautifully integrated into Blender.

Time to download now ;-)

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you so much for all the great work, Doug! Without you it wouldn't have been possible and you've really put up well with all of our nagging and demands. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

lycium

Post by lycium » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 am

I'd also like to offer my personal thanks Doug, it's been great working with you :) Wish you all the best at your new job!

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 am

Doug, you pushed clumsy old Blendigo to awesomness, thanks a million!
All the best for you and be sure to drop in from time to time.

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 am

Haha, cannot really try it out cause all old scenes I tried give the following error:

Info: exporting meshes: 0%
Error: type object 'mathutils.Matrix' has no attribute 'Identity'

Anybody ran into this before?

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 am

Polinalkrimizei wrote:Haha, cannot really try it out cause all old scenes I tried give the following error:

Info: exporting meshes: 0%
Error: type object 'mathutils.Matrix' has no attribute 'Identity'

Anybody ran into this before?
Which blender version are you using?

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 am

I'm so sorry, I was sure I was using the latest version, but didn't for some stupid reason... :oops:

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 am

ok, this is a little weird. I set the path to Indigo in a scene and save the scene, but it doesn't seem to save the path info. it resets to /Applications/Indigo.app every time I re-open the file. my Blender default scene saves the correct path, however.
this is problematic, because all of the Indigo preset info is relative to the Indigo path.
the default path to indigo on Mac, with the new drag-and-drop installer, should be
/Applications/Indigo Renderer/Indigo.app

edit: just tried setting the path to Indigo in my scene and then selecting "save user settings" in blender and that loads the scene with the correct path to Indigo when I restart. but any scene where I set the path and save the scene as usual does not save that path info.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:26 am

FakeShamus wrote:ok, this is a little weird. I set the path to Indigo in a scene and save the scene, but it doesn't seem to save the path info. it resets to /Applications/Indigo.app every time I re-open the file. my Blender default scene saves the correct path, however.
this is problematic, because all of the Indigo preset info is relative to the Indigo path.
the default path to indigo on Mac, with the new drag-and-drop installer, should be
/Applications/Indigo Renderer/Indigo.app

edit: just tried setting the path to Indigo in my scene and then selecting "save user settings" in blender and that loads the scene with the correct path to Indigo when I restart. but any scene where I set the path and save the scene as usual does not save that path info.
This change was made by request of Glare for security reasons when loading files from other machines (using paths from others could result in arbitrary program/code execution on your machine). I agree that resetting the path all the time is a bit heavy handed, and Blendigo does have a config file mechanism that it should be using.
I understand this is particularly problematic on OSX due to the fact that there isn't an Indigo installer as such and so the path to Indigo is a guess at best.

If you want to disable this 'feature' you can remove lines 63-64 from indigo/properties/render_settings.py

Code: Select all

if hasattr(bpy.app, 'handlers') and hasattr(bpy.app.handlers, 'load_post'):
	bpy.app.handlers.load_post.append(indigo_scene_load_render_settings)

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 am

ok, thanks,
but shouldn't the default be set to "/Applications/Indigo Renderer/Indigo.app"?
that's where it ends up on Mac when you follow the new installer instructions and drag-drop to Applications. I'm not placing the app in any custom place, that's how Glare has it organized, currently.

edit: ok, fixed it in Indigo/core/util.py

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:13 am

Any news on who will be stepping up to the plate once Doug is gone? If I knew how to code, I'd take a crack at it, but it's way too daunting.

Doug, where would you even begin to learn about writing an exporter? I have a basic understanding of Python, but anything beyond basic operations is way over my head, not to mention Blender-specific code and the API...

31 posts