Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.6.0

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.6.0

Post by StompinTom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Bug, or at least really annoying behaviour (expanding on the last bug report, generalized to Particle instances in general):

- Create cube, animate going from camera left to camera right.
- Set shutter speed to 1/1, enable motion blur
- Should get a nice motion-blurred cube going across the screen.

- Add plane, add particle system, set Particle System > Render > Object and make it emit the cube, turn up Normal velocity so that it spits some cubes across the camera view
- Hit render, no motion blur :(
- Delete plane with particle system.
- Re-render: motion blur doesn't work for the original cube anymore, and it is stuck at the last keyframe, no matter what frame is set and no matter how the keyframes are changed.
- Disable motion blur, cube renders where it should be.
- Seems the motion blur info gets kept somewhere and doesn't get reset?

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Also, it seems that nested Groups may not work... As in, objects put in a Group, several Groups arranged then Grouped together. Simply doesn't render :P

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 am

- UVs are giving me problems with linked objects/Groups:

I've got a model in one file, everything is grouped, and that group is linked to in another, bigger model. At render time Indigo aborts, saying that a model is missing UV coordinates. In the original model's file, everything renders fine, and the bigger scene renders great without the linked Group.

Zlaty Lev

Post by Zlaty Lev » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:30 pm

I get the following error when using Mitchell-Netraveli Splat Filters:

Error: Scene parsing error: Found unexpected element 'radius'. (In element 'mn_cubic', around line 30, column 13)

Win Vista
Blender 2.62
Blendigo 3.2.6.0
Indigo 3.2.8

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 am

I am having problems seeing up different scenes.
Even a full copy of a scene that renders fine on the original scene returns:

Error: Scene parsing error: Error while binding material 'WhiteOak.dark.blend' to geometry 'Base1.001': No such material defined 'WhiteOak.dark.blend'

when I try to render the second, full copy, of that scene. On other occasions when "linking objet data" the export also goes fine and indigo just crashes right after start. I'll keep investigating.

Blender 2.6.1, Blendigo 3.2.6, Indigo 3.2.9.

Also the "glass acceleration" setting in Blender does not seem to transfer over to Indigo (or at least it's not "checked" in the Indigo UI. I have not verified by actually checking Blendigo's output.

Edit:
My BAD! Full copy should work. I forgot to reassign textures etc. :oops: However, when adding a new scene with "link object data" Indigo still crashes.

Edit 2:
Sometimes the only thing that helps is appending the whole shebang piece by piece into a new Blender file. Somehow in the "old" file Blender retains data on objects/meshes that one thinks is already deleted. E.g. I had assigned a clay material to a mesh initially but later I deleted it. It also does not show up in the materials list anymore. However on export Indigo still complained about that material not being defined.

Again, I moved all the bits & pieces into a new Blender file by opening a new file and appending the parts of the objects from the old file that I wanted. That seems to clean out old data..
Last edited by Headroom on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 am

it would be nice to get an immediate error message if trying to export a textured material when there is no texture selected in the UI. something like "material.001 is trying to use a texture, but no texture is selected".

I know it's just user error, but this has baffled me several times - if you make this mistake you wait for the entire export process to happen, but then trying to open the scene in Indigo it gives you an error that the scene file is empty.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 pm

hey Doug,
I've also been noticing that instances are not always exported with the correct orientation. they're usually close to what you see in the Blender viewport, but definitely not matching. the only way to fix seems to be applying scale and rotation as individual meshes, but then you don't get the benefit of using instances.

kind of a weird test scene... but you can see below, the first pic shows the wheels as separate meshes with scale and rotation applied - matches Blender's viewport exactly. and in the second the wheels are all instances of the same mesh, and the turning of the wheels is just a bit off on all of them. I don't remember ever running into this with older 2.49 versions of Blendigo, is it possible that the way rotation or instancing is handled has changed?
Attachments
applied_scale_rotation_crop.png
individual meshes with scale and rotation applied
instanced_crop.png
instanced wheels

fbrunell

Post by fbrunell » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Blender 2.62.0 r44136
Blendigo 3.2.6.0
Indigo 3.2.8 AND 3.2.9

I got a very bad bug in one of my scene where I'm having two gears rotating in Blender. When rendering with Blender, the gear gets rendered correctly but with Indigo, the gear seems to get crunched in one of the axis!!!
Blender_Render.jpg
Indigo_CrunchedGear.jpg
Now, I can't really understand how this can happen but I noticed the following :
1. My gear only rotate on the X axis
2. The problem is worst when X is around 45
3. No problem when x = 1
4. No problem when x = 90

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 am

I have attached a simple scene exhibiting a simple workflow that reliably crashes Indigo.

Blender 2.6.1
Blendigo 3.2.6
Indigo 3.2.9

Sun lamp and Camera are on Layer 1.
On layer 2 I have a single subdivided Cube with two materials assigned to each of the halves of the cube. So far, so good. Renders fine.

Then I copy that cube to layer 3, and in edit mode select the lower half and separate it into two meshes/objects (CTRL-P). This leaves both objects with both materials.
Trying to render it Indigo crashes upon start. In don't even get the "triangle index out of range" from Indigo.
Attachments
Blender_separate_Mesh_with_two_Mats-Test.blend.zip
(102.37 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:29 am

I tester your .blend, and it doesn't crash for me, I only get the "triangle index out of range" message for some reason.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:03 am

Just build myself a fresh scene from Blenders factory settings and still get this crashing behavior.
As mentioned before, removing the not need materials remedies the situation.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am

Zlaty Lev wrote:I get the following error when using Mitchell-Netraveli Splat Filters:

Error: Scene parsing error: Found unexpected element 'radius'. (In element 'mn_cubic', around line 30, column 13)

Win Vista
Blender 2.62
Blendigo 3.2.6.0
Indigo 3.2.8
This appears to be a fault in Indigo - the Technical manual says that mn_cubic::radius is acceptable for splat filters.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 am

Headroom wrote:I have attached a simple scene exhibiting a simple workflow that reliably crashes Indigo.

Blender 2.6.1
Blendigo 3.2.6
Indigo 3.2.9

Sun lamp and Camera are on Layer 1.
On layer 2 I have a single subdivided Cube with two materials assigned to each of the halves of the cube. So far, so good. Renders fine.

Then I copy that cube to layer 3, and in edit mode select the lower half and separate it into two meshes/objects (CTRL-P). This leaves both objects with both materials.
Trying to render it Indigo crashes upon start. In don't even get the "triangle index out of range" from Indigo.
Should be fixed for next release

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 am

fbrunell wrote:Blender 2.62.0 r44136
Blendigo 3.2.6.0
Indigo 3.2.8 AND 3.2.9

I got a very bad bug in one of my scene where I'm having two gears rotating in Blender. When rendering with Blender, the gear gets rendered correctly but with Indigo, the gear seems to get crunched in one of the axis!!!
Blender_Render.jpg
Indigo_CrunchedGear.jpg
Now, I can't really understand how this can happen but I noticed the following :
1. My gear only rotate on the X axis
2. The problem is worst when X is around 45
3. No problem when x = 1
4. No problem when x = 90
This should be fixed or improved in next release, I've made changes to the rotation/scaling matrix handling

lycium

Post by lycium » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

dougal2 wrote:
Zlaty Lev wrote:I get the following error when using Mitchell-Netraveli Splat Filters:

Win Vista
Blender 2.62
Blendigo 3.2.6.0
Indigo 3.2.8
This appears to be a fault in Indigo - the Technical manual says that mn_cubic::radius is acceptable for splat filters.
That's my mistake sorry, the radius parameter is only valid for mn_cubic on the downsize filter; I've made a note to fix the documentation.

40 posts