Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.6.0

Post by dougal2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 pm

DOWNLOADS

ALL PLATFORMS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... .2.6.0.zip

WINDOWS INSTALLER: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

NOTE: This exporter REQUIRES Blender version 2.61

Changes in this release:

* Re-worked lighting setup to use blender SUN and HEMI lamps
-- CAVEAT: if using sun + hdri, light layer assignments won't work properly This is an issue with Indigo which cannot easily be solved for the time being (Sun + emitters or hdri + emitters or any single sources light layers should work correctly though.)
* Added option to redirect export progress/output to the console instead of info area.
* Set version numbers correctly for 2.61 compatibility

MANUAL INSTALLATION

Unzip the archive. Move the extracted indigo folder into your Blender addons folder.
You should end up with <blender scripts>/addons/indigo/

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons, and find the Render section. Locate the Blendigo entry
and enable the addon by clicking the little checkbox on the right.

INSTALLATION VIA BLENDER

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons. Click the "Install Addon" button and choose the blendigo-2.5-3.2.6.0.zip file. The addon will be installed and shown to you, ready for activation.

If you are upgrading, be sure to choose the "Overwrite" option when selecting the .zip file.

You can easily check the installed version in the Addons panel. After upgrading/replacing I would strongly recommend restarting blender.

HINTS

Save your User Settings now to make Blendigo activate every time you start Blender 2.6.

Non-windows users will have to also fill in the "Path to Indigo" setting in the "Indigo Render Engine Settings"
panel. (Windows does this automatically from the information provided by the installer). Note that you should
specify the installation directory (or Indigo.app on OSX) for this setting.

YOUR FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

As with the current efforts to get Indigo 3.x as complete and user-friendly as possible,
please please keep reporting any issues you find with Blendigo - it is your feedback as
users and artists alone that push Blendigo forward into being the software that works for you.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.6.0

Post by StompinTom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks, Doug! Will test real soon.

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

[BUG]

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 am

I get no options under the world tab except the ability to add light layers - no sun, envireonment, etc options.

I've checked and the installation seems good - User Preferences/Render shows Blendigo 3.2.6.0 installed and no errors and previously made belnder scenes render fine - I just can't set any world/environment options :?
Doug

Doug Armand

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: [BUG]

Post by StompinTom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 am

Doug Armand wrote:I get no options under the world tab except the ability to add light layers - no sun, envireonment, etc options.

I've checked and the installation seems good - User Preferences/Render shows Blendigo 3.2.6.0 installed and no errors and previously made belnder scenes render fine - I just can't set any world/environment options :?
Sun + Environments are controlled by Sun lamp and Hemi lamp now, I think :) Haven't checked myself, but
dougal2 wrote:* Re-worked lighting setup to use blender SUN and HEMI lamps

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Re: [BUG]

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 am

StompinTom wrote:
Doug Armand wrote:I get no options under the world tab except the ability to add light layers - no sun, envireonment, etc options.

Sun + Environments are controlled by Sun lamp and Hemi lamp now, I think :) Haven't checked myself, but
dougal2 wrote:* Re-worked lighting setup to use blender SUN and HEMI lamps
Why so it is! - thanks for that
Doug

Doug Armand

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:46 am

Very quick play throws up this interesting 'feature' or as I like to call it - bug. :wink:

Rotating the sun also seems to rotate the environment map!. A bit weird - it took me a few goes to realise what was going on :lol:
Edit: actually this does come in useful -by rotating the sun on the z-axis I can rotate the map where I want - so maybe this is a 'feature' after all? :lol:
Doug

Doug Armand

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:08 am

I guess that's so that the Sky map gets rotated with the sun. Still a bug for environment maps, though, because those should move independently from the Sun angle (when mixing Sun + Env map, or having multiple Env maps on different layers as options, each rotated differently).

Will test at home today along with the new Indigo beta.

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 am

Another quick play and I can either get the sun working or the HDRI but not both at the same time.

Not sure if its just a case of balancing the output from both, which I have tried, or its just not working. Anyone else had any luck?
Doug

Doug Armand

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:13 am

StompinTom wrote:I guess that's so that the Sky map gets rotated with the sun. Still a bug for environment maps, though, because those should move independently from the Sun angle (when mixing Sun + Env map, or having multiple Env maps on different layers as options, each rotated differently).

Will test at home today along with the new Indigo beta.
Definately a bug because if you rotate the sun on the x or y axis you get some weird horizons! :lol:
Doug

Doug Armand

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 am

Hi all,
There is a problem exporting curve modifed mesh.
I use last indigo 3.2.8
Attachments
curve_snapshot.png
curve.jpg
curve.blend.zip
(163.26 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Last edited by Jambert on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:49 am

So far, so good. Haven't done any crazy in-depth testing yet, will update when I do.

Love the new lighting system! Having fun mixing 4+ env. maps for kicks :P Being able to rotate the background really helps.

Great work, Doug!

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:47 am

-Attaching materials to Object instead of Data doesn't work. Blendigo doesn't define the material.
- For Emission Scale, could the Value field be changed to something like the Env Map field, where it's a value multiplied by an exponent? I often use extremely high values here to balance against the Sun...
- Would it be possible to have a Gain control for a Sun/Sky lamp?

EDIT: Using Indigo 3.2.8, Blender 2.61 (though it should be 2.62... strange)

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:14 am

B-Mesh was just merged to Trunk.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Blendigo (for Blender 2.6x) 3.2.6.0

Post by Headroom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 am

I am somewhat surprised that it finally made it. Kudos to the developer who stuck to it despite all the obstacles. Perhaps now we are going to get some of the features back that we lost with the change from 2.49 to 2.5. The upcoming knife tool looks very promising and I really miss the non-proportional ( constant distance) edge- loop.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Really annoying bug:

- Particle motion blur seems to be busted OR it doesn't work with emitters.
- When particle instances are used with Blackbody emitters, efficacy scale is ignored, leading to extremely bright lights.

Using Blender 2.61, Indigo 3.2.8

40 posts