Indigo 0.7F exporter here! Features added/Comments welcome!

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:58 am

You are correct, SSS is not quite in yet.. Just phong and diffuse.

So I'm on that right at this moment I expect it within th next few hours or less.

Zuegs, yes you found my emitter mess. I had created that loop to throw some serious power behind the emitter. Not a good way to do it since as we know, in a sunlight environment no light can show much if at all. It is probably not a good idea to do, maybe I'll make a toggle switch to ask whether people want the "abnormally powered emitters" or something. And I'll try and make it simpler so the equation stays correct.

I'll compute it normaly it try adding a multiplier to the final result.

Thanks for the info.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

u3dreal

Post by u3dreal » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:03 am

he he seems there are two exporters now.. ;)

Well we should combine forces sooner or later and devide tasks for everyone to solve.. or is competition better ??

cheers

u3dreal ;)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:28 am

u3dreal wrote:he he seems there are two exporters now.. ;)

Well we should combine forces sooner or later and devide tasks for everyone to solve.. or is competition better ??

cheers

u3dreal ;)
How Ironic, other 3D apps got no Exporter in development,
and you debate if you want to have two for blender :roll:

I just installed Blender for the first time a hour ago,
I'm totally lost...

It is normal to hate Blender before you start lovin it?

I think combining your forces would result in faster development and a more advanced exporter...
perhaps the stress for each of the developers would be less too :)

... now looking for some "first step Tutorials" for Blender :x
polygonmanufaktur.de

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 am

loooooooool, hehehehe, in the beginning yup ;) . Then it's the other way around; you can't stop loving it! It's just while you sort out the UI and get used to its commands (specially to the shortcuts).
I'd suggest checking blenderartist's tutorial section to get up and running quickly:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
U3dreal also posted a very cool link with all the tuts nicely organized but I lost it. U3dreal, could you re-post it here? :wink:
Keep it up ZomB; we're here to support you! :D
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:40 am

zuegs wrote:hi afecelis,
specular materials seems not to be implemented correctly in this exporter for v0.7t1. The "ior" tag needs to go in a "medium" block that then is used inside "specular".
See Ono's first post on v0.7t1 and change lines in XML :wink:
thanks Zuegs! I'll check Ono's post. :wink:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

u3dreal

Post by u3dreal » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 am

Ok here is a link to some

videotuts .. for BLENDER ;)

http://blenderartists.org/cms/index.php?id=31#Video

cheers

u3dreal ;)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks you very much for the links guys!!!

I also found this 4 getting started Videos

can't wait to play around with you exporter :D
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:52 am

How Ironic, other 3D apps got no Exporter in development,
and you debate if you want to have two for blender
:cry:
I just installed Blender for the first time a hour ago,
I'm totally lost...

My friend... :D

Will check these vids some day though, thx for the various links !

scorpius

Post by scorpius » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks for this update. It works great.

Jananton

Post by Jananton » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:55 pm

ZomB wrote:It is normal to hate Blender before you start lovin it?
Well, that depends on what you where using before. Yes, the terminology is totally different, and the interface looks alien, but it's allready a lot more mainstream then when I started using version 1.53 long ago... 8)

You've got a lot of usefull links allready here, but if you're wanting something to read as well have a look at this:

Blender Basics 2nd edition

Hope you like it, be aware the complete download is 22.8Mb

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm

I'd prefer to be in a team. I think competition may be ok after we produce teamwork materials. Sort of to promote efficiency in the code by finding better ways to do the things that are already done. It is very possible were coding parallel code right now and can compare and add to the final result. However, if our code is nearly the same, we will have spent wasted time solving the same problem.

EDIT: directions moved to front to avoid confusion
Last edited by Wedge on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:58 pm

wow! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! woooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D
pretty basic communication....

EDIT:any reason for bidir to be disabled? (I bet you already explained it before so it's gonna be another famous "bigmouth strikes again" embarrassing moment :oops: )

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:39 pm

I set everything to the values listed in the inifile that came with indigo.

I also disabled bidir because Nick has it listed as stuff that is currently broken under the indigo 07 announcement.

Go ahead, ask me anything, I don't mind.

Update: Somewhere I read the only dumb question is an unasked one. I try to follow that advice the best that I can.

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for the answer and the encouragement wedge! :) I'll start with another question now then,heheh. ;)
Why are things so overburned in any of the images I render with 0.7t1? Even when setting Pre and POst Scale to 1.0 and a burn factor of 1.0 (no burn)? BTW, why is prescale set to 8.0 by default? Shouldn't it be 1.0? and finally, why is Reinhard tonemapping the only option available (is linear gone for good?). What are these"bloom settings"? I know they got to do with that "bloomy" effect in images, but what do its settings specifically do? I know you're also following Ono's recommendations of what's working and what's not.

phewh! there you go! Question catharsis! ;)

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Overburning I noticed in my test image as well. Albeit the scene had just about everything in it all cluttered in together so I could test it all at once.

Testscene: room with 3 windows, 2 rgb emitters, 1 blackbody, sun coming through windows for bloom, two sss cubes, phong ball for reflection and normal smoothing, cube near camera for autofocus....etc

It could be caused by defaulting the render settings, though I have not done any decent rendering outside of a 400x300 testscene. There are comments next to the settings, but I'm not sure what exactly they mean in relation to the image. I've seen max num consec rejections discussed before in the forum having to do with the fireflies that are still in renders after a long render. I am unsure about the exact result of changing those other settings.
* Update: some render settings removed
* max_num_consec_rejections
* russian_roulette_live_prob
* strata_width

It could be caused by me having deleted/commented out some code that had to do with colors or something related. I know working with SSS caused a mess in the code.

Also, I know the other settings like sky turbidity should probably be set back to the 6t6 exporter settings, I left them saved at the settings from my test scene so I didn't have to keep changing them. It was a setting I had used a long time ago in a outdoor scene.

Pre scale was also adjusted by me and saved like in the testscene. Feel free to set it back to 1.0. I was looking for a brighter image of a 'red sun down' effect and post scale seemed to ruin my sky color so I used pre instead. I haven't used burn barely at all. I need to play with it more.

The bloomy/glowing/fuzzy (maybe even like putting on a difusing filter on an SLR camera, if thats the right filter I'm thinknig of, my past hobby was being a photographer) effect I can only guess about. It looks like it creates the glowing effect around where light enters, sun shining in through the windows in a dark room for example, and maybe the weight sets the thickness of it and radius tells how far from the light it travels? I can only guess right now, and I have yet to change it from default values except for turning it off by setting both values to zero. I bet some curtains and sun shining through the windows would look nice though!

As for linear I just pulled it for now, I don't want to strip the exporter of any features that people will be using so I will be adding it in very soon. I removed it because I messed with the emitters to get them to work using reinhard and did not test with linear so I did not have any idea what would happen. Actually I don't even know if it would break with linear, I suppose now is a good time to test it. And get the emitters back in order.
Last edited by Wedge on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

223 posts