Blendigo 2.6.x Betas

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
dougal2
Developer

Blendigo 2.6.x Betas

Post by dougal2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:07 am

Superseded by 2.6.1.4, see below.

New in this release:

* Added save_images_on_close setting (system)
* Added glass_acceleration setting (renderer) for bidir mode
* Linux: changed installer to produce less junk output
* Linux: changed installation method to require manual indigo path setting, same as OSX

YOUR FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

As with the current efforts to get Indigo 2.6 as complete and user-friendly as possible, please please keep reporting any issues you find with Blendigo - it is your feedback as users and artists alone that push Blendigo forward into being the software that works for you.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo 2.6.x Betas

Post by StompinTom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 am

Thank you thank you thank you. Off to use/test.

EDIT: Something I've always meant to ask for: would it be possible to put in environment map rotation in the Environment Tab? Would be very helpful and saves going into Photoshop and offsetting my HDRI to rotate it...

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 am

StompinTom wrote:Thank you thank you thank you. Off to use/test.

EDIT: Something I've always meant to ask for: would it be possible to put in environment map rotation in the Environment Tab? Would be very helpful and saves going into Photoshop and offsetting my HDRI to rotate it...
+1
Doug

Doug Armand

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 am

this works great so far.
I want to note one thing I just noticed with recent Blendigo versions (thanks to one particular scene) I just ran into a problem with blend materials in combination with external materials.

as a generic example, I have a materials "A" and "B" in blender. "B" is set to be an external material, pointing to the file "C.igm". then I create a blend material using "A" and "B". but when I export the scene, the blend material is written to the .igs as a blend of "A" and "C" and Indigo complains that there is no material "C" defined. so I have to go and change the name in the .igs. this even happens when the material name inside "C.igm" is set to "B"

so basically it looks like blendigo is choosing the external filename instead of the material name.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 am

FakeShamus wrote:this works great so far.
I want to note one thing I just noticed with recent Blendigo versions (thanks to one particular scene) I just ran into a problem with blend materials in combination with external materials.

as a generic example, I have a materials "A" and "B" in blender. "B" is set to be an external material, pointing to the file "C.igm". then I create a blend material using "A" and "B". but when I export the scene, the blend material is written to the .igs as a blend of "A" and "C" and Indigo complains that there is no material "C" defined. so I have to go and change the name in the .igs. this even happens when the material name inside "C.igm" is set to "B"

so basically it looks like blendigo is choosing the external filename instead of the material name.
I can believe this - I can't remember if Blendigo opens up the material file to check the name, or if it assumes that the material name is the same as the file name. I will check it out and see if I can make it smarter.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:46 am

That's the convention:

According to the IGM specifications, the file name should be the name of the root material within, plus the igm extension.

It is a good habit to follow specs when sharing Indigo materials, because in general exporters writers try to stick to them !
obsolete asset

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 am

Hey, dougal2,

I noted that it is not possible to define the exponent texture in Glossy Transparent material in Blendigo (2.6.1) :wink:

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:57 am

dakiru wrote:Hey, dougal2,

I noted that it is not possible to define the exponent texture in Glossy Transparent material in Blendigo (2.6.1) :wink:
OK, thanks, I'll investigate

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:31 am

Superseded by 2.6.1.4, see below.

New in this release:

* Added exponent map support to Glossy Transparent (specular)
* Added Black/White hint to Blended material UI
* Added support for step_blend for Blended material

As with the current efforts to get Indigo 2.6 as complete and user-friendly as possible, please please keep reporting any issues you find with Blendigo - it is your feedback as users and artists alone that push Blendigo forward into being the software that works for you.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:48 am

dougal2 wrote:2.6.1.2

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS: []

LINUX: Coming soon

OSX: Coming soon

New in this release:

* Added exponent map support to Glossy Transparent (specular)
* Added Black/White hint to Blended material UI
* Added support for step_blend for Blended material

:D Thanks! Off to play...

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 am

Ah yes, can you add the 'glass_acceleration' toggle in the next one too?

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 am

StompinTom wrote:Ah yes, can you add the 'glass_acceleration' toggle in the next one too?
I think it's already in there somewhere :?:

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:19 am

dougal2 wrote:
StompinTom wrote:Ah yes, can you add the 'glass_acceleration' toggle in the next one too?
Whoops, OK, found it! Sorry :oops:

Also, had to add '#!BPY' to the first line of the script for it to register in Blender.

Still gives the error warning when I run the script, but, as usual, when I press OK it goes away and everything works well.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 am

StompinTom wrote:
dougal2 wrote:

Also, had to add '#!BPY' to the first line of the script for it to register in Blender.

Still gives the error warning when I run the script, but, as usual, when I press OK it goes away and everything works well.
ah damn, I appear to have nuked that line by accident. I'll re-add it and re-upload the releases tomorrow.

dag

Post by dag » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:49 pm

You need autohotkey to autoclick that bitch, or you will go mad!

StompinTom wrote:
dougal2 wrote:

47 posts