Page 1 of 1

curtains material

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:45 am
by delic
Hi all, I wanted to make the curtains on the image below a bit transparent but dont understand how to since the material is transparent or not ...



I also tried to make them more shiny by make them act as very slight meshlights but it doesn't work in this scene ...

:cry:

Thanks
Image

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:07 am
by OnoSendai
Hi Delic,
wait until the next version and there will be a diffuse transmitter material u can use for curtains.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:30 am
by Zom-B
OnoSendai wrote:... next version and there will be a diffuse transmitter material...
sweeeeeeeet :D

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:32 am
by zsouthboy
Dude! I love the scene! I'm loving the TIE fighter too!

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:38 am
by delic
Thanks.
Nice

Is there also a way to make non complete transparent specular materials, for thin plastic materials ?

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:41 am
by OnoSendai
Nice scene btw, the main thing wrecking it is that annoying black edge bug.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:43 am
by OnoSendai
delic wrote:Thanks.
Nice

Is there also a way to make non complete transparent specular materials, for thin plastic materials ?
Yeah, try using absorption:
look for rgb_absorptivity in the manual:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/in ... &Itemid=67

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:47 am
by Zom-B
The Scene is really nice, but what lies on the front table next to the glasses :shock:
OnoSendai wrote:Nice scene btw, the main thing wrecking it is that annoying black edge bug.
Perhapes the same a guy got here

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:49 am
by OnoSendai
Yes.. it's the same.
It's a normals bug.
I think it's due to the blender exporter calculating the smoothed normals incorrectly, but perhaps not.
This bug really needs to be squashed :)

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:55 am
by delic
Nice scene btw, the main thing wrecking it is that annoying black edge bug.
You mean on the leather material ?
It's too bright, but cant avoid this strange black reflect ...
Initially I i put a bump map for the leather and the parquet but it slows too much the render ....

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:59 am
by OnoSendai
Yes, the strange black reflection on the sofas is a bug.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:02 am
by delic
I'll try to reexport it with one level subsurf, perhaps it will be better .
Or does the bug comme from the material settings ?