Amazing resource...

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
User avatar
PureSpider
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:37 am
Location: Karlsruhe, BW, Germany
Contact:

Amazing resource...

Post by PureSpider » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:30 am

...for free high quality archviz models: http://loadproject.blogspot.com/
Enjoy! 8)

User avatar
wojtek-w
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:21 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by wojtek-w » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:03 am

great link! thanks!

User avatar
fenerolina
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Pyrenees

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by fenerolina » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:26 am

Yes! thank you.

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Godzilla » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 am

Great models, but I personally prefer to model things myself, so I can definitively call my work my own. 8)
samlavoie.xyz

User avatar
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100
Posts: 1997
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
Contact:

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 am

Wow... thanks for that one!
Cheers, David



DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.2.23 | Indigo for C4D 4.2.22 | C4D R14.042 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

neo0.
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 am
Location: the US of A

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by neo0. » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 am

Godzilla wrote:Great models, but I personally prefer to model things myself, so I can definitively call my work my own. 8)
I definitely know what you mean.. Often times, I have a hard time deciding.. Using someone else's models can make my scene look better/more realistic, but it also feels a bit like cheating..

User avatar
dakiru
Indigo 100
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by dakiru » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 am

Wow, thanks for the link!

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Godzilla » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 am

neo0. wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Great models, but I personally prefer to model things myself, so I can definitively call my work my own. 8)
I definitely know what you mean.. Often times, I have a hard time deciding.. Using someone else's models can make my scene look better/more realistic, but it also feels a bit like cheating..

Exactly. I feel more accomplished and take much more pride in a project if I know It's entirely my own work.

Though I have no problem with other people using someone else's models.. 8)
samlavoie.xyz

User avatar
dakiru
Indigo 100
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by dakiru » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 am

Godzilla wrote:
neo0. wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Great models, but I personally prefer to model things myself, so I can definitively call my work my own. 8)
I definitely know what you mean.. Often times, I have a hard time deciding.. Using someone else's models can make my scene look better/more realistic, but it also feels a bit like cheating..

Exactly. I feel more accomplished and take much more pride in a project if I know It's entirely my own work.

Though I have no problem with other people using someone else's models.. 8)
What do you mean? It's your very nice keyboard, isn't it?

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Godzilla » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 pm

dakiru wrote:What do you mean? It's your very nice keyboard, isn't it?
Yes it's my keyboard, I'm Viz on 3DOcean.
samlavoie.xyz

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Pibuz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

I think that if I use some models not modeled by me to make my scene look better...WHO CARES?!?!?!

I assume I'm a designer b*tch.

Thank you for this link Purespider!

User avatar
suvakas
3rd Place Winner
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by suvakas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 pm

There are also a bit different "rules" when you do it only for fun and you have no tight deadlines.
When you have to do it for client then it would take much more time (and client's money) to model everything by yourself. That's where 3rd party model collections are very handy.

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4655
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Zom-B » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Pibuz wrote:I think that if I use some models not modeled by me to make my scene look better...WHO CARES?!?!?!
My only issue with this is if people post scenes and don't give credit at least like "Models taken from different internet resources" and instead get honored for great modeling they haven't done!

Being a 3D artist has 4 major areas Modeling, Animation, Rendering (light & materials etc.) & SFX. the focus around here is obvious the Rendering part...

taking a bunch of models from the internet is no guarantee for a good scene!
The hard part starts at the first point: concept of design...
how to arrange the scenario, what chair design fits to the couch style etc.


Anyway, what I want to say: don't adorn yourself with borrowed plumes :!:
We still will love you for the images you do :wink:
(with YOU I mean everybody!)
polygonmanufaktur.de

User avatar
Godzilla
Indigo 100
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Godzilla » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 am

suvakas wrote:There are also a bit different "rules" when you do it only for fun and you have no tight deadlines.
When you have to do it for client then it would take much more time (and client's money) to model everything by yourself. That's where 3rd party model collections are very handy.

Good point, Suv. If I was doing visualization work professionally (which I hope to do one day), I would definitely invest in some pre-made models. But currently as a hobbyist, there are no deadlines for my work, so I enjoy taking a leisurely approach to my projects.

However there is one exception to my personal rule of not using others models... Trees. I can't model them accurately or realistically at all, so I invested in an Evermotion tree pack a while back. Well worth the money, I must admit.
samlavoie.xyz

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2645
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Amazing resource...

Post by Pibuz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:25 pm

My answer was meant to be hilarious, guys :lol:
It is indeed funny to see how seriously it has been taken! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am an architect, sometimes in a hurry for a deadline, sometimes pure hobbyst. My main goal is to achieve a good architectural environment: my tools are well-proportioned space, good natural lighting, appropriate materials, to finally get a valuable sensation inside and/or outside something that is (potentially) built.
In my scenario, objects are totally secondary: they could be both design pieces and self-modeled inventions: what that counts is to give the idea of the final space. Their style is chosen purely according to the architectural environment they're put in.

I always take no credits for the modeling part, excepted the concept and realisation of the architectural part. POSITIONING chairs, armchairs, kitchens, lamps, curtains, carpets, libraries is part of the architecture. MODELING those object is design. I don't want to steal someone else's job :lol:

Post Reply
17 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest