Script to rename renders (all OS's) & denoise (linux)

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
kalamadeasidhe

Script to rename renders (all OS's) & denoise (linux)

Post by kalamadeasidhe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:16 pm

I'm very new to coding, but I made a really quick script. I've been rendering out a "quick" animation of my logo with indigo to see how it would look. You can't set the output frame name or number or anything, so I wrote this script that will rename all files of a type in a directory to a seqential, numbered sequence. It's easier to import them into a video editing program as a sequence this way. I have them set to use the naming scheme I am used to while using houdini. If this is a problem, I can change it or...I'm sure the script is simple enough that anyone could easily change whatever about it. It plays back great to me.

Example of use:
tclsh renameanddenoise.tcl /home/dee/Devel/indigo_06/renders/frames2 png

http://www.davidhipp.com/scripts/renameanddenoise.tcl
http://www.davidhipp.com/scripts/rename ... tcl.tar.gz

I edited the script so it now uses GREYCstoration_linux to denoise the files. The originals will be renamed just like the original and GREYCstoration_linux will be called (assuming it is in /usr/bin or /bin and call be run from a command line by simply typing GREYCstoration_linux) to denoise each file. If you haven't tried GREYCstoration, try it. It's great. :D
You can get GREYCstoration from:
http://www.greyc.unicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/
If you want to use it, simple add the command:
denoise

And you can control the output file name instead of it always being render.#.extension
example:
tclsh renameanddenoise.tcl /home/dudeman/3d/indigo_06/renders/frames png outputfilename

with the total being:

tclsh renameanddenoise.tcl /home/dudeman/3d/indigo_06/renders/frames png outputfilename denoise

It will then make two files, the original render, renamed and all that, and the denoised file.

I don't use windows much, but I changed the original code in here to use no linux commands for renaming the files. If you use windows, renaming should work.
Last edited by kalamadeasidhe on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:23 pm

Hey kalamadeasidhe!

Thanx a lot for your contribution, it will be useful. :D ;)

take care
psor
"The sleeper must awaken"

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:39 am

Hy kalamadeasidhe,

Thanks also for this contribution :D
Just a curious question, why TCL, I like it also very much , I just thaught people knowing TCL and developping with TCL today are like dynosauria :lol:

Regards, Phil

afecelis
3D Software: Blender

Post by afecelis » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:51 am

wow! nice script! thanks kalamadeasidhe :D
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

kalamadeasidhe

Post by kalamadeasidhe » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Phil wrote:Hy kalamadeasidhe,

Thanks also for this contribution :D
Just a curious question, why TCL, I like it also very much , I just thaught people knowing TCL and developping with TCL today are like dynosauria :lol:

Regards, Phil
Hahaha, I picked TCL because I'm still learning and it's the first think I've learned. TCL is used often in conjunction with maya and renderman (renderman accepts the output of tcl code while in slim) at my school, so those who learn RSL, learn TCL. Is it really not used much now? We were told it's used often by shader developers.

kalamadeasidhe

Post by kalamadeasidhe » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 pm

afecelis wrote:wow! nice script! thanks kalamadeasidhe :D
Thanks! As soon as I figure out how to make gui's, I'll add a gui to it. :)

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:26 pm

I'm very glad to see a man who develop in TCL. I have programmed in TCL for 5 years vary GUIs for a Firm. And I know how powerful it can be! But it could be a problem for Windows user, because they have to install a TCL interpreter.
Keep on develop a GUI! And good luck! ;)

7 posts • Page 1 of 1